Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > VMware and pywin32 error...

VMware and pywin32 error...

dash

Hallo,

has anyone experience with installing Python and pywin32 to Windows XP
Pro running in a VMware environment?

At the end of installing pywin32 I get following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 601, in <module>
File "<string>", line 311, in install
File "<string>", line 149, in LoadSystemModule
ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
application may fix this problem.

I use following versions:

VMware Workstation 6.5.0 build-118166
Microsoft Windows XP Professional English Build 2600
added SP1 and than SP3
Python 2.6.1
pywin32 213

Thank you in advance for any help
Werner

Joshua Kugler

dot wrote:
> has anyone experience with installing Python and pywin32 to Windows XP
> Pro running in a VMware environment?
>
> At the end of installing pywin32 I get following error:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 601, in <module>
> File "<string>", line 311, in install
> File "<string>", line 149, in LoadSystemModule
> ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
> because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
> application may fix this problem.
>
> I use following versions:
>
> VMware Workstation 6.5.0 build-118166
> Microsoft Windows XP Professional English Build 2600
> added SP1 and than SP3
> Python 2.6.1
> pywin32 213

I've installed and run Python and pywin32 in a VMWare environment and have
had no trouble. This is not an issue with VMWare. Something is
misconfigured in your XP and/or Python install. I'm assuming you installed
Python before installing pywin32?

dash

Joshua Kugler schrieb:
> dot wrote:
>> has anyone experience with installing Python and pywin32 to Windows XP
>> Pro running in a VMware environment?
>>
>> At the end of installing pywin32 I get following error:

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "<string>", line 601, in <module>
>> File "<string>", line 311, in install
>> File "<string>", line 149, in LoadSystemModule
>> ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
>> because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
>> application may fix this problem.
>>
>> I use following versions:
>>
>> VMware Workstation 6.5.0 build-118166
>> Microsoft Windows XP Professional English Build 2600
>> added SP1 and than SP3
>> Python 2.6.1
>> pywin32 213

> I've installed and run Python and pywin32 in a VMWare environment and have
> had no trouble. This is not an issue with VMWare. Something is
> misconfigured in your XP and/or Python install. I'm assuming you installed
> Python before installing pywin32?

Yes. Of course. Python 2.6.1 installs with no problem.

BTW: I get the same result, if I use Microsoft VirtualPC 2007 instead of
VMware...

Werner

dash