Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Opening Outlook Express: e-Mail Has Red "x" in Small Box. Picture There & How To Open ?

Opening Outlook Express: e-Mail Has Red "x" in Small Box. Picture There & How To Open ?

thanafart

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>And since *when* are WMF files pictures?

WMF can be pictures or other things as you well know. Another
(fortunately) abortive attempt at taking over the world by MS.

> You didn't use google.
>
> You have to have the last word, I don't, I also don't
> volley with children.
>
> Have the last word.

May I please? Sentence OK? When was the last time anyone here
saw a WMF file?

(De-KF me already, it really wasn't worth it, I just had a
REALLY lousy week and said one of stupid things I often say. I
/assure/ you Blinky wouldn't have (sic) given a ****. We "spoke"
enough and we knew where we stood and we were both fine with it.
May he R.I.P.)

--
"Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
(about thanatoid)

chuckcar

thanafart <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>And since *when* are WMF files pictures?

> WMF can be pictures or other things as you well know. Another
> (fortunately) abortive attempt at taking over the world by MS.

No, *completely* wrong. WMF refers to *one* type of video file in
microsofts proprietary format. So by definition it is *not* a picture
file. You *could* theoretically have a WMF file where every image in it
was the same image, but it would neither consist of one copy of that
image, nor would it only contain information about the image alone. It
would still be a video file. An asf file isn't a video file - it's audio.
But *none* of these files are picture files.

>> You didn't use google.

I don't have to. I don't have to use google to spell the word "to" either.

>> You have to have the last word, I don't, I also don't
>> volley with children.

No, that's *my* task here.

> May I please? Sentence OK? When was the last time anyone here
> saw a WMF file?

Yesterday as a matter of fact. Some groups still post video files in that
format - although usually and wmf files in a group are just a DRM header
to make the preson playing it go to someones web site to get their share
of malware.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 23:20:25 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I don't have to. I don't have to use google to spell the word "to" either.

Apparently you DO, as I've pointed out, you've used too instead of to
and vice versa MANY times.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

thanafart <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>May I please? Sentence OK? When was the last time anyone here
>saw a WMF file?

I've never seen one, when this exploit hit there was talk of it being
almost obsolete, it goes by the extension of .wmf, .emf, .wmz, and
..emz as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Metafile

--

(Click on the dog house)
http://amanita-design.net/samorost-2/

chuckcar

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> thanafart <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>May I please? Sentence OK? When was the last time anyone here
>>saw a WMF file?

> I've never seen one, when this exploit hit there was talk of it being
> almost obsolete, it goes by the extension of .wmf, .emf, .wmz, and
> .emz as well.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Metafile

So you have just shown that you don't know what you're talking about. Not
too bright either if it happens that easily.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> thanafart <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>May I please? Sentence OK? When was the last time anyone here
>>>saw a WMF file?

>> I've never seen one, when this exploit hit there was talk of it being
>> almost obsolete, it goes by the extension of .wmf, .emf, .wmz, and
>> .emz as well.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Metafile

>So you have just shown that you don't know what you're talking about. Not
>too bright either if it happens that easily.

Freaking idiot, when the exploit became known, WMF files made a come
back.

And if you followed the thread you would know that it didn't have to
be a WMF extension.

....Like talking to a child with a learning disability.
--

(Click on the dog house)
http://amanita-design.net/samorost-2/

thanatoid

> thanafart <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> WMF can be pictures or other things as you well know.
>> Another (fortunately) abortive attempt at taking over the
>> world by MS.
>>

> No, *completely* wrong. WMF refers to *one* type of video
> file in microsofts proprietary format.

I really hate to even /approach belonging to/ the disturbingly
offensive and numerous group of people who keep on telling you
that you know nothing and are very rude about it, but I have to
say something. I read your post about the reason for screen
savers, and I was going to write what a bunch of bullshit it was
and then saw it was from you so decided not to because I think
you're an OK guy and you have been helpful to me in the past.

For the record, phosphors "wear out" whether you have a
screensaver or not. Old CRT's were very susceptible to burn in
(which is NOT the same as phosphors getting old) - especially
the green and amber monitors, but even early color ones.

Recent CRT's (last ten years or so) do NOT suffer from the burn-
in problem. Screensavers serve *no purpose* anymore except
amusement. (My favorite 3 ones are Metallix, Gold Lace 1, and
Kaleidoscope 95.)

They were a great source of income for many people ten years ago
but you hardly see any anymore. Same with wallpapers, nobody
seems to care anymore.

Not to mention that CRT's are gone (they'll be back in ten years
at appropriately ridiculous prices once people realize LCD's are
**** or are persuaded so by the people who have done such a
great job of persuading everyone (except me) how wonderful they
are).

And LCD's are not susceptible to anything except mechanical
damage, a 2.5 year old MADE IN ****ING JAPAN Sony LCD TV I got
for my mother just got its first dead pixel. ****.
Anyway.

>So by definition it is *not* a picture file.

WMF stands for Windows Metafile and while most of them ARE
pictures, they don't have to be.
CORRECTION: I got confused about the fact that a WMF can contain
both vector and bitmap information. (Probably the only good
thing about the format.)

WMV stands for Windows Media Video.

<SNIP>

>>> You didn't use google.
>>>

> I don't have to. I don't have to use google to spell the
> word "to" either.

Someone else said that, not me.

<SNIP>

>> May I please? Sentence OK? When was the last time anyone
>> here saw a WMF file?
>>

> Yesterday as a matter of fact. Some groups still post video
> files in that format - although usually and wmf files in a
> group are just a DRM header to make the preson playing it
> go to someones web site to get their share of malware.

Well, I haven't seen one since I looked st some **** clip art on
a MS Office CD.

--
"Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
(about thanatoid)

chuckcar

thanatoid <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

>> I don't have to. I don't have to use google to spell the
>> word "to" either.

> Someone else said that, not me.

Yes, replying to a comment from an article I don't see for some reason.
*Not* laying blame on you at all.

Nice to see *some* people here are able to present the truth without
getting into a fight about it.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:16:40 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>You really should use google before posting, nothing you post is
>correct.

Nothing in any of chucktards posts are correct full stop.

Evan Platt

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:25:37 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>And since *when* are WMF files pictures?

Wow... just plain... wow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Metafile