Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Does Mozilla affects FTP programmes?

Does Mozilla affects FTP programmes?

Chaudhry.Nijjhar

"VanguardLH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gpbppg$ebu$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Chaudhry.Nijjhar wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla. Any
>> reason please? Or suggest me one to try?
>>
>> Rajinder

> FTP uses a different protocol and different ports than whatever is your
> current web browser. The two are unrelated. Some web browsers provide
> a crippled FTP feature but that doesn't make them true FTP clients.
> Since you differentiated the two then you are using something OTHER than
> your web browser as the FTP client. There is no reason why one FTP
> client would work and another fail just because of whatever you happen
> to choose for the web browser. Since you never explained what problems
> you are having with which FTP client, no one can offer advice on solving
> those problems. From your prior post on the same topic, it appears the
> problem is really PEBCAK. You don't know how to use the different FTP
> client and so you are using it incorrectly.

I will keep on trying and ask a friend to help.

Rajinder

Chaudhry.Nijjhar

"Llanzlan Klazmon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Mar 13, 2:15 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> catchme wrote:
> > mozilla (not firefox) has an ftp app available for download.

> You aren't thinking of FileZilla, are you? (already mentioned in
> Chaudhry's other thread: http://filezilla-project.org/)
>
> If so, that app is not connected with the Mozilla organization in any
> way. Apparently there is no trademark on the partial word "zilla."
>
> > Near as I know, neither this, nor any other Mozilla app. has been
> > known to interfere with other (non- Mozilla) ftp apps.

> FTP apps do not interfere with browsers.
>
> --
> -bts
> -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

Maybe the problem is that his 'ftp' server is not actually an ftp

Could be but I am not sure. However, many thanks for your help.

Rajinder
server. perhaps it is running secure copy or sftp. If so he has just
been wrongly configuring the clients he has been trying.

why?

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:28:16 -0700 (PDT), Llanzlan Klazmon wrote:

>On Mar 13, 2:15*pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> catchme wrote:
>> > mozilla (not firefox) has an ftp app available for download.

>> You aren't thinking of FileZilla, are you? (already mentioned in
>> Chaudhry's other thread: *http://filezilla-project.org/)
>>
>> If so, that app is not connected with the Mozilla organization in any
>> way. Apparently there is no trademark on the partial word "zilla."
>>
>> > Near as I know, neither this, nor any other Mozilla app. has been
>> > known to interfere with other (non- Mozilla) ftp apps.

>> FTP apps do not interfere with browsers.
>>
>> --
>> * *-bts
>> * *-Friends don't let friends drive Windows

>Maybe the problem is that his 'ftp' server is not actually an ftp
>server. perhaps it is running secure copy or sftp. If so he has just
>been wrongly configuring the clients he has been trying.

You don't want to start getting Chaudhry, more confused. It's actually
very surprising he has responded to the messages. The rest of the
vagueness is normal despite many attempts to point this out over several
years.

His various websites mentioned before (guess this is why he is asking)
are plain ftp.

If it's the NTL one, perhaps it's the long term 550 permissions denied
issues.

Me

Evan Platt

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:56:13 -0000, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Maybe the problem is that his 'ftp' server is not actually an ftp

Uhhhhh... if it's not FTP, ,you need to find out what it is.

Evan Platt

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:54:07 -0000, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I will keep on trying and ask a friend to help.

Yes, that's certainly a much better idea than the solution I've given
you now... 4 times.

Best of luck.

G. Morgan

Evan Platt wrote:

>Yes, that's certainly a much better idea than the solution I've given
>you now... 4 times.

heh, heh, heh.....

Live and learn.