Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Free Webhosting

Free Webhosting

richard@kodotech.com

Hey Guys,

I'm just offering free webhosting if you're interested.

Cpanel, 1gb space and 10gb of transfer.

www.kodowebhosting.com

It can't hurt to sign up - It's free and we personally activate each
account just to make sure we don't over kill the resources. At the
moment sign up limit is at 20, then I will probably offer more.

Raymond Schmit

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 06:18:22 -0700 (PDT), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hey Guys,
>
>I'm just offering free webhosting if you're interested.
>
>Cpanel, 1gb space and 10gb of transfer.
>
>www.kodowebhosting.com
>
>It can't hurt to sign up - It's free and we personally activate each
>account just to make sure we don't over kill the resources. At the
>moment sign up limit is at 20, then I will probably offer more.

I did not see on your Site ... the "Free" offer ...

KodoTech

On the front page.

It's in bold.

Just click the order section and sign up.

SAZ

In article <8567b9ef-a6f4-4b9f-bffb-
(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> Hey Guys,
>
> I'm just offering free webhosting if you're interested.
>
> Cpanel, 1gb space and 10gb of transfer.
>
> www.pretendingtohost.com
>
> It can't hurt to sign up - It's free and we personally activate each
> account just to make sure we don't over kill the resources. At the
> moment sign up limit is at 20, then I will probably offer more.

Your 3.99 plan is dirt cheap already, so what business model supports
"free for life"?

I went to Server Status and saw "No Servers are currently being
monitored", very reassuring to a paying customer.

Your downloads page is empty. Why not delete the page?

I searched your blank knowledgebase page for something simple "email
setup", which returned no results, indicating complete lack of support
to paying and non-paying customers.

Announcements - "there are no announcements to display", which is hard
to believe.

So really, what do you do for a living?

KodoTech

Hi,

Complete lack of support? Have you signed up and tested an account?
Knowledge base and the server status etc has just been setup.

As I said, I am offering it to the community.

This shared hosting was is a start up company after leaving the
industry and leaving the server running for the current clients. I
then decided to make use of the resources and let others sign up. If
they like it and want to move on they can pay, if not, it will remain
free.

I concentrate on my co-lo and dedicated servers for corporate clients
using CRM systems. I did this privately and now with more staff
decided to use my infrastructure to offer a shared service; hence why
I'm not taking any more dedicated servers. (I don't need to and can
concentrate on my current clientele)

Why does every thing have to be about making money?

If I can offer some thing back to the open source community, and
support it, why not? If my business can make it on word of mouth a
lone, who are you to judge me and say I'm pretending.

Raymond Schmit

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:46:10 -0700 (PDT), KodoTech
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On the front page.
>
>It's in bold.
>
>Just click the order section and sign up.

You just added it

Anyway i have tried to register on the free plan. The first step
shows:
"The product/service you have chosen requires a domain name so please
enter your domain name selection from below."

i believe that registering a domain is not free.

Another complain is that we don't have any complete inforamtion about
the offer. Per example : Could we use effectively the php mail()
command ?

KodoTech

On Mar 15, 9:48*am, (E-Mail Removed) (Raymond Schmit) wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:46:10 -0700 (PDT), KodoTech
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On the front page.

> >It's in bold.

> >Just click the order section and sign up.

> You just added it
>
> Anyway i have tried to register on the free plan. The first step
> shows:
> "The product/service you have chosen requires a domain name so please
> enter your domain name selection from below."
>
> i believe that registering a domain is not free.
>
> Another complain is that we don't have any complete inforamtion about
> the offer. Per example : Could we use effectively the php mail()
> command ?

No, domains aren't free, but if you sign up with one I don't profit
from it any way. You can get a domain name from any where else and pay
the same or more expensive price, that is your prerogative. All
domains are paid to ICANN in the end, and every .com etc name requires
a fee. The internet is regulated (ICANN), so obviously for the
community to use a community based service, they charge for domains.
Supporting them to support us so to speak.

You can get free domains here:
http://www.co.cc/ with a .co.cc extension: They let you point the
servers to mine, this is what some clients are using. All setup
details are provided in the emails and when you login to the system
after signing up. It's a self-automated system i.e you can find most
answer to your questions by playing around with it.

It's a Linux (CentOS) based server supporting PHP/MySQL and CPanel as
the control panel (if you've used it before, otherwise it is very
convenient and has videos to show how to use every function). So yes,
PHP Mail is supported, as long as it's not used for spam etc. (I'm
assuming you want to run a simple script to send mail to your email
via the website, or for forums etc). If you wanted to mass mail items
(spam), then obviously a free solution would not suit your needs and I
don't support that kind of usage either.

http://kodowebhosting.com/shared.html - this page has the general
features with the free account: only different is 1gb of space and
10gb of transfer.

Raymond Schmit

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 00:05:39 -0700 (PDT), KodoTech
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mar 15, 9:48*am, (E-Mail Removed) (Raymond Schmit) wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:46:10 -0700 (PDT), KodoTech
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >On the front page.

>> >It's in bold.

>> >Just click the order section and sign up.

>> You just added it
>>
>> Anyway i have tried to register on the free plan. The first step
>> shows:
>> "The product/service you have chosen requires a domain name so please
>> enter your domain name selection from below."
>>
>> i believe that registering a domain is not free.
>>

>No, domains aren't free, but if you sign up with one I don't profit
>from it any way.

Just to say that other "Free Webhosting" did not require a domain
name.

SAZ

In article <7514582e-4eab-48ad-af27-
(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> Hi,
>
> Complete lack of support? Have you signed up and tested an account?
> Knowledge base and the server status etc has just been setup.

Then why advertise something that is not truly "ready to go"? It wasn't
there last week when you posted.

> As I said, I am offering it to the community.
>
> This shared hosting was is a start up company after leaving the
> industry and leaving the server running for the current clients. I
> then decided to make use of the resources and let others sign up. If
> they like it and want to move on they can pay, if not, it will remain
> free.

Still not a valid business plan. What if I was a spammer and signed up
for your free account? I could destroy your reputation and have you
blacklisted in a matter of minutes.

> I concentrate on my co-lo and dedicated servers for corporate clients
> using CRM systems. I did this privately and now with more staff
> decided to use my infrastructure to offer a shared service; hence why
> I'm not taking any more dedicated servers. (I don't need to and can
> concentrate on my current clientele)
>
> Why does every thing have to be about making money?

You can't offer "free" without making money in some other fashion.

> If I can offer some thing back to the open source community, and
> support it, why not? If my business can make it on word of mouth a
> lone, who are you to judge me and say I'm pretending.

Based on what I saw last Friday along with the lack of support, etc, it
was a very valid judgement. I can see you changed a few things since
then.

Awful Dog Autry

On 15 Mar 2009, (E-Mail Removed) (Raymond Schmit) wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 00:05:39 -0700 (PDT), KodoTech
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mar 15, 9:48*am, (E-Mail Removed) (Raymond Schmit)
>>wrote:

>>> You just added it
>>>
>>> Anyway i have tried to register on the free plan. The first step
>>> shows:
>>> "The product/service you have chosen requires a domain name so
>>> please enter your domain name selection from below."
>>>
>>> i believe that registering a domain is not free.
>>>

>>No, domains aren't free, but if you sign up with one I don't profit
>>from it any way.

> Just to say that other "Free Webhosting" did not require a domain
> name.

It needn't there, either. A domain is just a pointer and it would be
cinchy to add a folder (or even a subdomain) for "free" clients.

--
Awful Dog Autry

Free Webhosting Absolutely free no popup, no ads, no catch fusuke C Programming 0 11-28-2007 05:17 AM
Free Webhosting Absolutely free no popup, no ads, no catch fusuke Computer Support 0 11-28-2007 05:14 AM
Price reductions on webhosting - Prijsverminderingen in webhosting - Diminutions de prix en hťbergement web Michel Lenoir NZ Computing 1 03-05-2005 09:10 PM
Free Webhosting from me Jason Java 0 02-20-2005 12:00 AM
Free Webhosting??? SOx HTML 4 04-29-2004 05:26 AM

Advertisments