Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Duplicate file remover.

Duplicate file remover.

Evan Platt

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:09:15 -0400, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Ok fine. You two jackasses go ahead and delete all those duplicate
>files supplied by the OS. Don't come back here whining and bitching
>about how screwed up things are now.

Notice neither of us jackasses said that was a suggestion?

Don't put words in my mouth.

thanatoid

"cicero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:OJ2ul.7348$(E-Mail Removed)2:

> Hi Folks,
> Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate
> file remover. Ta

The best one I have tried, even though it has a rather old-
fashioned interface, is Unique Filer. Works on images and all
other files as well, content or names. Very good.

A good file manager (like Total Commander) is also capable of
finding duplicates but is a little less useful since just a
different date makes it a "different" file.

--
"Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
(about thanatoid)