Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Duplicate file remover.

Duplicate file remover.

cicero

Hi Folks,
Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate file remover. Ta

sandy58

On Mar 12, 7:21*am, "cicero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> * * * * * * * * Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate file remover. Ta

Duplicate File Remover
http://www.duplicatefileremover.com/
Clone Remover
http://www.moleskinsoft.com/duplicate-file-removal
No idea HOW reliable.

Keyser Söze

cicero <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OJ2ul.7348$(E-Mail Removed)2:

> Hi Folks,
> Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate file remover.
> Ta

The reliability to which you refer is not of a utility program, it's not
even reliability of the individual using such a program. It is more the
decisions the individual takes in determining if duplicate files are needed
or not; Not, you understand, needed by the user, but rather the system on
which the files reside and relies upon.

So, it's not quite as simple as you would have yourself believe, unless of
course you're referring to music, pr0n video or picture files.

Google jv16, then when you've ****ed up your system, come back and be as
specific as you can about what duplicate files /you. decided to remove.

--
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to
an understanding of ourselves. Jung

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

cicero

"Keyser Söze" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
message news:gpal70$5t0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> cicero <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OJ2ul.7348$(E-Mail Removed)2:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>> Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate file remover.
>> Ta

> The reliability to which you refer is not of a utility program, it's not
> even reliability of the individual using such a program. It is more the
> decisions the individual takes in determining if duplicate files are
> needed
> or not; Not, you understand, needed by the user, but rather the system on
> which the files reside and relies upon.
>
> So, it's not quite as simple as you would have yourself believe, unless of
> course you're referring to music, pr0n video or picture files.
>
> Google jv16, then when you've ****ed up your system, come back and be as
> specific as you can about what duplicate files /you. decided to remove.

Of course I'm referring to the a/m files, you pedant. Go and take a night
class on how to be polite, using sandy58 as an example.

cicero

>>> The reliability to which you refer is not of a utility program, it's
>>> not even reliability of the individual using such a program. It is
>>> more the decisions the individual takes in determining if duplicate
>>> files are needed
>>> or not; Not, you understand, needed by the user, but rather the
>>> system on which the files reside and relies upon.
>>>
>>> So, it's not quite as simple as you would have yourself believe,
>>> unless of course you're referring to music, pr0n video or picture
>>> files. Google jv16, then when you've ****ed up your system, come back
>>> and
>>> be as specific as you can about what duplicate files /you. decided
>>> to remove.

>> Of course I'm referring to the a/m files, you pedant. Go and take a
>> night class on how to be polite, using sandy58 as an example.

> lol
>
> Your sensibilities are so noted, you brainless pansy-arsed ****-wipe.
>Hmm, If that's your best effort I think a stint in the Navy might expand
>your alternative, unimaginative vocabulary.

Keyser Söze

cicero <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsk6ul.146459$(E-Mail Removed)2:

>>> Of course I'm referring to the a/m files, you pedant. Go and take a
>>> night class on how to be polite, using sandy58 as an example.

>> lol
>>
>> Your sensibilities are so noted, you brainless pansy-arsed ****-wipe.

> Hmm, If that's your best effort I think a stint in the Navy might
> expand your alternative, unimaginative vocabulary.

I feel your pain but for the fact you assume, incorrectly, that I give a
****.

I've done my 'time' with various elite services military you could only
dream to have been associated with; the rectum rangers wasn't one of them.

--
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to
an understanding of ourselves. Jung

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

cicero

>>> lol
>>>
>>> Your sensibilities are so noted, you brainless pansy-arsed ****-wipe.

>> Hmm, If that's your best effort I think a stint in the Navy might
>> expand your alternative, unimaginative vocabulary.

> I feel your pain but for the fact you assume, incorrectly, that I give a
> ****.
>
> I've done my 'time' with various elite services military you could only
> dream to have been associated with; the rectum rangers wasn't one of them.

Ahaa, that would be the Gay Gordons then.

Keyser Söze

news:gU7ul.123016$(E-Mail Removed)2:

There are no second prizes, you lame ****tard.

--
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to
an understanding of ourselves. Jung

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

John Dean

http://www.macecraft.com/
--
John Dean
Oxford

Evan Platt

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:53:54 -0400, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>What do you call "duplicate"?

Umm.. Identical in every way.

>does example.dll = example.txt ?

If the contents are the same, yes. Otherwise, no.

>does \windows\example.dll = \windows32\example.dll ?

If the contents are the same, yes. Otherwise no.

>Maybe they are the same, maybe they aren't.

No kidding?

>You won't know unless you take a look at the source code and compare
>byte to byte.

Source code???

>If you base your deletion simply on the names, you could cause serious
>damage.

Wow...

>you downloaded 30 files and each are named setup.exe. Yet none are the
>same file. An automated deletion system would kill these files and you
>need them.

I have yet to see a "Automated" duplicate file deletion application.
They all prompt you a NUMBER of times before deleting anything.

>If it was installed by the OS, do not delete the files regardless.

Wow.. Just plain... wow.