Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Agent 4.x and Outbox messages

Agent 4.x and Outbox messages

Arawak

How can I check if messages were actually sent now that there isn't an
Outbox in v4 of Agent?
TIA
Arawak

Evan Platt

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:35:25 -0700, Arawak <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>How can I check if messages were actually sent now that there isn't an
>Outbox in v4 of Agent?

Look in Sent Items?

Mike Easter

Arawak wrote:
> How can I check if messages were actually sent now that there isn't an
> Outbox in v4 of Agent?

What exactly are you talking about?

.... and BTW bytheway version-wise, Agent 5.0 was released 2008 Dec.
Various 4/s were released from 06Aug-07Jan

--
Mike Easter

why?

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:35:25 -0700, Arawak wrote:

>How can I check if messages were actually sent now that there isn't an
>Outbox in v4 of Agent?

--> Agent / Help
Search for 'sent' , select sent messages folder

--> Topics found, select Making sure messages were sent properly

Making Sure Messages Were Sent Properly
When you first start using a new program, you probably want to make sure
it's doing what you told it to do. To make sure your messages have been
successfully sent, look in your Sent () folder. By default, all the
messages Agent sends successfully appear in this folder, although you
can tell Agent to use any folder for filing messages. See the Message
Filing panel of the Default Properties for All Folders dialog for
details. Messages waiting to be sent or that were not able to be sent
will be in the Outbox () folder.

These icons next to each message tell you the status of that message:
Icon Meaning
The message was successfully sent. Note: Generally, this message will
be in the Sent folder. However, if you have filed this message
automatically in a folder, look in that folder for a record of the
message.
A problem occurred sending this message. Double-click on the message
to make sure all the fields are filled in correctly and then press Send
Now or Send Later to re-send the message.
The message is queued for uploading (you pressed the Send Later button
after creating the message). To send the message now, select the message
and choose Send Messages in Outbox from the Action menu, or double click
on the message and press Send Now.
The message is in the process of being sent.

See Also:
How to Re-send a Message You Created
How to Re-send a Failed Message
How Agent Sends and Saves Messages

--> Agent / Help
--> Search for 'outbox', select outbox folder

Outbox Folder
The folder where messages are queued when they’re ready to be sent.
Selecting Send Now from the message composition window will move a
message to the Outbox folder, from which it will be sent immediately,
then moved to the Sent folder. Selecting Send Later will move a message
to the Outbox folder, where it will stay until you decide to send it. To
open a message in the Outbox folder for editing or sending, double-click
on the message or highlight the message and press <enter>.

The Outbox folder is displayed in the Folders pane, highlighted by the
sending-message icon () and showing the number of unsent (queued)
messages in the folder.

Me