Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: Firefox 3 (on upgrade) does not open files ...

Re: Firefox 3 (on upgrade) does not open files ...

Leonidas Jones

> I got upgraded to Firefox 3.0.7 and now I cannot open attachments
> from within Firefox. It fails with an error message
>
> "C:\DOCUME~1\surendar\LOCALS~1\Temp\Dirk 009-2.jpg could not be
> opened, because an unknown error occurred.
>
> Try saving to disk first and then opening the file."
>
> This happens for all kinds of (simple) attachements and does not seem
> to depend on the Zone Alarm suite (disabling that did not change the
> behaviour).
>
> This problem rose just after the upgrade. I have tried to uninstall
> and do a fresh install, but it did not change things.
>
> Any pointers, please?
>
> thanks
> jg

I have not seen this problem. There a series of standard
troubleshooting techniques you can follow, which are explained on this page:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...roubleshooting

See if any of that helps, and let us know the result.

Lee