Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Launch Application when connecting wireless

Launch Application when connecting wireless

Joe

In a corporate environement I have successfully configured a wireless
connection on Windows XP, using the Windows software. If I login via wireless
it processes the login script and I get all my mapped drives. If I login to
my laptop (out of range of the wireless connection) using cached credentials
I obviously will not run the login script so no mapped drives. When I move
within range (without logging out or rebooting) the wireless connection is
established but I have no mapped. Is there some way to auto launch an
application (or login script) when establishing a wireless connection?

Thanks

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Joe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In a corporate environement I have successfully configured a wireless
> connection on Windows XP, using the Windows software. If I login via
> wireless it processes the login script and I get all my mapped
> drives. If I login to my laptop (out of range of the wireless
> connection) using cached credentials I obviously will not run the
> login script so no mapped drives. When I move within range (without
> logging out or rebooting) the wireless connection is established but
> I have no mapped. Is there some way to auto launch an application (or
> login script) when establishing a wireless connection?
>
> Thanks

Not without your logging out & back in. You're logged in with cached
credentials, not live, so nothing can be 'pushed' to your computer. You
could put a shortcut to the login script on your desktop. though.

Pavel A.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In a corporate environement I have successfully configured a wireless
> connection on Windows XP, using the Windows software. If I login via
> wireless
> it processes the login script and I get all my mapped drives. If I login
> my laptop (out of range of the wireless connection) using cached
> credentials
> I obviously will not run the login script so no mapped drives. When I move
> within range (without logging out or rebooting) the wireless connection is
> established but I have no mapped. Is there some way to auto launch an
> application (or login script) when establishing a wireless connection?

PROset will launch an app/script for you.

-- pa