Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Pinging Network from inside ASA

Pinging Network from inside ASA

Lowell Yates Lowell Yates is offline
Junior Member

I am able to establish a L2L vpn tunnel over a cable circuit between a remote ASA5505 with a couple of users and an ASA 5540 connected to the inside interface to our corporate network.

I can ping from the remote office host through the tunnel back to the copororate network and visa versa. No problems with that set up.

When I console into the remote ASA 5505 and using the CLI I can't ping back to through the headend ASA5540 and to an IP in the corporate network.

Split tunneling works. I can ping Google from inside the ASA and it jumps right onto the Internet.

How can I get my pings to traverse the tunnel when pinging inside the ASA?

Can anyone please help with this problem?

Thanks

PIX minimal setup for pinging out the inside barret bonden Cisco 2 12-19-2009 08:51 PM
ASA 5505 as hardware vpn client to PIX 501 or ASA 5505 with network extension mode activated bjorn@kumlait.se Cisco 1 06-17-2007 12:43 PM
pinging ASA interfaces linguafr Cisco 5 04-23-2007 12:26 AM
PIX pinging outside interface from inside host? Cen Cisco 1 09-19-2005 05:35 PM
Help needed with Pinging Network from Router Jerry Cisco 5 10-27-2003 08:28 AM

Advertisments