Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wpa

sinner

Firstly thank you to anyone who responds to this post

The problem is this for a while i have had a wireless router and my pc
connects to it via wireless card with no drama's I have also WPA enabled
again all is well

Problem

I have bought a laptop with an internal broadcom wirless network card, When
I enable WPA the latop can see the network but will not connect after a
period of "aquiring network address" subsequent removal of WPA and all is
well apart from the laptop dops the connection every now and then

Downloaded latest drivers = no success

Router = belkin

Wireless network card = belkin

Anyone any ideas before I start shelling out cash

Thank you

Andy Roxburgh

I had a similar problem, had me climbing the walls but in the end I found
that it was Netscape Navigator that the router didn't like (I used it to
access the config page on the router to set up the WPA). I changed to IE,
tried setting everything up again from scratch and it's been fine. I also
found that the belkin router I had (can't remember the model) needed
regularly rebooting during the setting up of WPA.

Dunno if that helps, but worth mentioning.

Andy

news(E-Mail Removed)...