Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > home page

home page

D.

when I open firefox to my home page ( excite ) ,
there is a slide bar on the bottom of the page
which when moved to the right shows
approximately 30 % of the page blank .
is there a way to make the whole
page fit on the screen and eliminate the
slide bar ?
I'm thinking that it may be a homepage
issue but I thought I'd at least ask for opinions .
TIA ,
D.

Leonidas Jones

D. wrote:
> when I open firefox to my home page ( excite ) ,
> there is a slide bar on the bottom of the page
> which when moved to the right shows
> approximately 30 % of the page blank .
> is there a way to make the whole
> page fit on the screen and eliminate the
> slide bar ?
> I'm thinking that it may be a homepage
> issue but I thought I'd at least ask for opinions .
> TIA ,
> D.

I see what you mean. My customized page, which I have not looked at in
a long time, does the same thing. Everything displays fine, but there
is a horizontal scroll.

If this is a problem, you might have a look at my.myway.com. Their
customizable start pages have the same features as excite, but are add free.

Lee

D.

thanks for the reply .
i'll check out " my way " .
D.

"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CiOtl.54695$(E-Mail Removed)...
> D. wrote:
>> when I open firefox to my home page ( excite ) ,
>> there is a slide bar on the bottom of the page
>> which when moved to the right shows
>> approximately 30 % of the page blank .
>> is there a way to make the whole
>> page fit on the screen and eliminate the
>> slide bar ?
>> I'm thinking that it may be a homepage
>> issue but I thought I'd at least ask for opinions .
>> TIA ,
>> D.
>>

> I see what you mean. My customized page, which I have not looked at in a
> long time, does the same thing. Everything displays fine, but there is a
> horizontal scroll.
>
> If this is a problem, you might have a look at my.myway.com. Their
> customizable start pages have the same features as excite, but are add
> free.
>
> Lee

D.

hello Leonidas ,
what a great page , thank you so much .
it's just what i was looking for .
D.

"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CiOtl.54695$(E-Mail Removed)...
> D. wrote:
>> when I open firefox to my home page ( excite ) ,
>> there is a slide bar on the bottom of the page
>> which when moved to the right shows
>> approximately 30 % of the page blank .
>> is there a way to make the whole
>> page fit on the screen and eliminate the
>> slide bar ?
>> I'm thinking that it may be a homepage
>> issue but I thought I'd at least ask for opinions .
>> TIA ,
>> D.
>>

> I see what you mean. My customized page, which I have not looked at in a
> long time, does the same thing. Everything displays fine, but there is a
> horizontal scroll.
>
> If this is a problem, you might have a look at my.myway.com. Their
> customizable start pages have the same features as excite, but are add
> free.
>
> Lee

Leonidas Jones

D. wrote:
> hello Leonidas ,
> what a great page , thank you so much .
> it's just what i was looking for .
> D.
>

> "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:CiOtl.54695$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> D. wrote:
>>> when I open firefox to my home page ( excite ) ,
>>> there is a slide bar on the bottom of the page
>>> which when moved to the right shows
>>> approximately 30 % of the page blank .
>>> is there a way to make the whole
>>> page fit on the screen and eliminate the
>>> slide bar ?
>>> I'm thinking that it may be a homepage
>>> issue but I thought I'd at least ask for opinions .
>>> TIA ,
>>> D.
>>>

>> I see what you mean. My customized page, which I have not looked at in a
>> long time, does the same thing. Everything displays fine, but there is a
>> horizontal scroll.
>>
>> If this is a problem, you might have a look at my.myway.com. Their
>> customizable start pages have the same features as excite, but are add
>> free.
>>
>> Lee

I am so glad it is working for you!

Lee

D.

hello again ,
is there a way to set this so that my " custom "
settings " show up when i open firefox ?
D.
news:Y6Ptl.432747$(E-Mail Removed)...