Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > elixir vs. storm

elixir vs. storm

Dan Barbus

Hi,

Anyone here compared elixir with storm? Both are sqlite declarative
wrappers (as far as I understood) and both seem to hide the
(unnecessary for what I want) SQL/data layer under pythonic wrappers.

I'm not trying to start a flamewar here (but I wanted to know if one
is more mature than the other, more pythonic, easier to use or
whatever ...

Also, are there any other alternatives for easily working with sqlite
in python?

Thanks,
Dan

Bruno Desthuilliers

Dan Barbus a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Anyone here compared elixir with storm? Both are sqlite declarative
> wrappers (as far as I understood) and both seem to hide the
> (unnecessary for what I want) SQL/data layer under pythonic wrappers.

elixir is a declarative layer over SQLAlchemy, which is a hi-level
SQL/Python integration layer (and much more than an ORM). And it's in no
way tied to SQLite (works as well with MySQL, Postgres and a couple
other RDBMS).

> I'm not trying to start a flamewar here (but I wanted to know if one
> is more mature than the other, more pythonic, easier to use or
> whatever ...
>
> Also, are there any other alternatives for easily working with sqlite
> in python?

There's a "low-level" DB-API compliant connector to SQLite. IIRC, it's
even included in the stdlib now.