Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Modifying Canon RAW EXIF time-taken

Modifying Canon RAW EXIF time-taken

Dilip

Is there a tool available for Windows that will modify in a Canon RAW
file the EXIF time-taken of a picture? I love a tool called jhead and
regularly use it to set exported JPGs timestamps to the time taken.
Yesterday, I shot on my Canon 30D and didn't realize that the time had
changed +1 hour. I can use jhead to adjust all the JPGs taken
yesterday after 1a by +1hour - but I shoot jpg+RAW. Can the RAWs be
modified as well? Thanks!

Hans Kruse

"Dilip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a tool available for Windows that will modify in a Canon RAW
> file the EXIF time-taken of a picture? I love a tool called jhead and
> regularly use it to set exported JPGs timestamps to the time taken.
> Yesterday, I shot on my Canon 30D and didn't realize that the time had
> changed +1 hour. I can use jhead to adjust all the JPGs taken
> yesterday after 1a by +1hour - but I shoot jpg+RAW. Can the RAWs be
> modified as well? Thanks!

RoboGeo can change the time in the RAW file. Adobe Lightroom also, but only
in the Lightroom database and not in the RAW files directly.

--
Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards,
Hans Kruse www.hanskrusephotography.com, www.hanskruse.com

Robert Coe

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:20:22 -0700 (PDT), Dilip <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Is there a tool available for Windows that will modify in a Canon RAW
: file the EXIF time-taken of a picture? I love a tool called jhead and
: regularly use it to set exported JPGs timestamps to the time taken.
: Yesterday, I shot on my Canon 30D and didn't realize that the time had
: changed +1 hour. I can use jhead to adjust all the JPGs taken
: yesterday after 1a by +1hour - but I shoot jpg+RAW. Can the RAWs be
: modified as well? Thanks!

Why did the camera jump ahead an hour? It sounds as though it knew enough to
go on daylight time. None of my Canons are that smart. Could it be that some
program (the EOS Utility?) automatically synchronized the camera's time with
that of the computer?

Bob