Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 2948 Switch Kaput?

Cisco 2948 Switch Kaput?

Vincent

I recently purchased a used Cisco 2948 switch on Ebay and it does not
appear to be working correctly...Are there any engineers out there
that may be able to assist me? When I power on the switch, the PSI
led is amber, the RPSU led is green and the status led is off. I
opened up the case and saw that there were two additional lights on
the circuit board (CR5 and CR6). Both of these were lit and were
green. Also, I noticed that there was a CR2430 battery on the circuit
board that appears to have been soldered on. I don't think a dead
battery would prevent the unit from booting up, but I suppose it is a
possibility. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Vincent

Doug McIntyre

Vincent <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I recently purchased a used Cisco 2948 switch on Ebay and it does not
>appear to be working correctly...Are there any engineers out there
>that may be able to assist me? When I power on the switch, the PSI
>led is amber, the RPSU led is green and the status led is off. I
>opened up the case and saw that there were two additional lights on
>the circuit board (CR5 and CR6). Both of these were lit and were
>green. Also, I noticed that there was a CR2430 battery on the circuit
>board that appears to have been soldered on. I don't think a dead
>battery would prevent the unit from booting up, but I suppose it is a
>possibility. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

I assume you have a 2948G since there's alot more of those available
on eBay than the 2948-L3 which is totally different beast.

The PS1 light should not be amber, it should be green.
Status should light up orange until the sup finishes booting, then go green.

If your PS1 stays amber, I'd say its a bad power supply. Complain to
the seller that it has a bad power supply.

If you have a bad power supply, nothing else matters, it won't power
on without PS1 going green.

trunking between Cisco Catalyst 500 switch and other type of switch jshubo@yahoo.com Cisco 3 01-19-2008 12:10 AM
Creating Subnets, DHCP Relay, Catalyst 6000, PIX, Catalyst 2948/2924 cruz@hnu.edu Cisco 3 02-09-2007 10:12 PM
Debug UDP Packets on Cisco 2948 with CatOS Michael Mueller Cisco 0 12-20-2006 12:54 PM
vlans on 2948 Tejinashi Cisco 2 04-05-2006 06:47 AM
ACL on 2948-L3 gani Cisco 2 04-01-2004 08:07 AM

Advertisments