Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Shredding

Shredding

PanicAttack PanicAttack is offline
Junior Member

Hello Ive been using simple file shredder, file shredder and ccleaner. There was a file I encountered while using firefox that i don't want recoverable. My question is if i run the shredding process will files that have once been deleted before the installation and usage of shredding programs, be permanently deleted and overwritten?

Do shredding programs delete and overwrite previously deleted files?

Thankyou kindly for your response.