Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Acer 22" X223W Monitor Display Properties

Re: Acer 22" X223W Monitor Display Properties

chuckcar

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I am unable to get the monitor to show in dislay properties.
> It only says plug and play. I have downloaded a driver from Acer's
> website called "X223W_USB_Display_R4.3" and installed it but can not
> find a driver in it when I go to Monitor/update driver in display
> properties. I can't find one in the download or one where it was
> installed it.

There is *nothing* wrong with having plug and play monitor. It means - as
plug and play does, that the monitor reports on it's capabilities to
windows. This means that the driver is adaptive to use a word. The
existing driver is *better* than a specific driver because of this.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

chuckcar

攸hw不f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) et:

> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
> of<Xns9BC8C3F1EEE7Dchucknilcar@127.0.0.1>:
>
>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in

> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> I am unable to get the monitor to show in dislay properties.
>>> It only says plug and play. I have downloaded a driver from Acer's
>>> website called "X223W_USB_Display_R4.3" and installed it but can not
>>> find a driver in it when I go to Monitor/update driver in display
>>> properties. I can't find one in the download or one where it was
>>> installed it.

>>There is *nothing* wrong with having plug and play monitor. It means -

> as
>>plug and play does, that the monitor reports on it's capabilities to
>>windows. This means that the driver is adaptive to use a word. The
>>existing driver is *better* than a specific driver because of this.
>>

> I bet he could have found the driver on the CD with find *.inf...

Doesn't matter - consumer desktop computers with *properly* installed
windows with *only* original equipment - including a company monitor still
install a Plug and Play monitor driver. It's not a problem. Unknown
Monitor is a problem as can be the ###x### SVGA monitor drivers if the
capabilities are not known - you can blow a monitor *very* easily that way.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Sunny

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/monitor/x223w.html

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:22:11 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
| wrote:
|
| I did a search a on the disc for *.inf and the only .inf found was
| autorun.inf.
| I know it doesn't really matter. The monitor worked fine without it.
| I just wanted it to show the monitor name.
|
| Any way thanks everyone for your replies.
|
| Bg
|

| >攸hw不f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
| >news:Yumdnf9OiMwUoCjUnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@centurytel. net:
| >
| >> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile

| >> news:(E-Mail Removed):

| >> as
| >>>
| >> I bet he could have found the driver on the CD with find *.inf...
| >>
| >Doesn't matter - consumer desktop computers with *properly* installed
| >windows with *only* original equipment - including a company monitor
still
| >install a Plug and Play monitor driver. It's not a problem. Unknown
| >Monitor is a problem as can be the ###x### SVGA monitor drivers if the
| >capabilities are not known - you can blow a monitor *very* easily that
way.

攸hw不f

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:22:11 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> I did a search a on the disc for *.inf and the only .inf found was
> autorun.inf.
> I know it doesn't really matter. The monitor worked fine without it.
> I just wanted it to show the monitor name.
>
> Any way thanks everyone for your replies.
>
> Bg

Uh huh. The autorun.inf file is just a text file you can open with
notepad...and is the setup instructions for the program it installs so you can
have a GUI based widget thingy to tweak yer monitor.
Once open look for what other files it points to...prolly cab files that can be
uncompressed and contain the required .inf file for the monitor.

Not that anyone gives a ****...

> >攸hw不f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >news:Yumdnf9OiMwUoCjUnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@centurytel. net:
> >
> >> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile

> >> news:(E-Mail Removed):

> >> as
> >>>
> >> I bet he could have found the driver on the CD with find *.inf...
> >>

> >Doesn't matter - consumer desktop computers with *properly* installed
> >windows with *only* original equipment - including a company monitor still
> >install a Plug and Play monitor driver. It's not a problem. Unknown
> >Monitor is a problem as can be the ###x### SVGA monitor drivers if the
> >capabilities are not known - you can blow a monitor *very* easily that

> way.

-James Madison