Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How many

How many

Evan Platt

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 20:59:15 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have never seen a useless ****.

I've never seen a picture of chucktard either.

Whiskers

On 2009-03-08, Beauregard T. Shagnasty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Whiskers wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>>
>>> All of them?

>>> Satellite dishes work on remote islands, don't they?

>> If they have electricity and fall within a suitable 'footprint'. And
>> can afford the expense.

> Solar power! Or hand-crank generators. Or windmills. Or ...
>
> <http://www.vetula.com/blog-radio/stories/2002/11/21/userExperiencesWithSateliteInternetAccess.html>
> "Down in Antarctica, the only internet access available is by
> satellite.." - so pretty much anywhere, I'd guess.
>
> For expense, we'll give 'em a Stimulus check.

And somewhere to spend it?

Even the CIA claim not to know if anyone on Pitcairn has an internet
connection
<https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pc.html#Intro>.
Although the government has a web site and an email address.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

OldGringo

Two Cents To The Old Gringo Post:
> How many countries are connected or can subscribe to USENET?

Leave it to good old
Firefox:
http://xrl.in/1q9c

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

Buffalo

OldGringo wrote:
> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
> Two Cents To The Old Gringo Post:
>> How many countries are connected or can subscribe to USENET?

> Leave it to good old
> Firefox:
> http://xrl.in/1q9c

Great link. Lots of interesting stuff there if you go to a certain country.
I looked at the Cayman Islands and looked up mortality figures. Interesting.
Thanks again,
Buffalo

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

OldGringo wrote:

> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
> Two Cents To The Old Gringo Post:
>> How many countries are connected or can subscribe to USENET?

> Leave it to good old Firefox [Google?]:
> http://xrl.in/1q9c

Nice link. The only thing is doesn't show (which might interest
chucktard) is "countries with _no_ access."

The Vatican is not listed. And, according to this following link, does
not meet the eight criteria for being a country, and is rather an
"Independent State."
http://geography.about.com/od/politi...cancountry.htm

The country of Monaco has two ISPs.

http://geography.about.com/cs/countr...rcountries.htm
How many countries are there? 195

...and 229 of them have internet access!! <lol>

--
-bts

Evan Platt

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 18:19:15 -0400, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>All it takes is a connection to a server. How many countries is not an
>issue.

All it takes is a connection to a server, and you have usenet access?
Huh?

By definition, any computer can be a server.

So if I'm in the middle of nowhere - literally - with nothing but two
computers, a generator, router, ethernet cables, etc - I have a
network. One of the computer is a server. Does that mean I have USENET
access?

Maybe you meant something like "All it takes is an internet
connection."

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed) Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

> On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 18:19:15 -0400, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>All it takes is a connection to a server. How many countries is not an
>>issue.

> All it takes is a connection to a server, and you have usenet access?
> Huh?

In the context of this discussion, I suspect that the poster meant a
connection to a news server.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Evan Platt

On 09 Mar 2009 16:11:40 GMT, Bert Hyman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In the context of this discussion, I suspect that the poster meant a
>connection to a news server.

You don't know Richard - err sorry - RtS.

Evan Platt

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:06:25 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nice link. The only thing is doesn't show (which might interest
>chucktard) is "countries with _no_ access."

Nothing interests that tard. He's wrong. Always. Full stop. And even
when he's proven wrong, he's still right.

OldGringo

Two Cents To The hwf Post:
> Old Gringo <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
> of<xWVsl.24509$(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>> How many<SLAP>

> SIX! IVE TOLD YOU THIS ALREADY.
> Ask again and you'll get the hose...