Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Question for Richard Heathfield

Question for Richard Heathfield

Everyman

Why are you so arrogant?

Just wondering.

Phil Carmody

Everyman <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Why are you so arrogant?
>
> Just wondering.

Posting through an anonymiser, I see. Why are you such a coward?
Do you have nothing to say that you're willing to be associated
with? There's no need to answer that, we already know.

Phil
--
I tried the Vista speech recognition by running the tutorial. I was
amazed, it was awesome, recognised every word I said. Then I said the

Antoninus Twink

On 8 Mar 2009 at 10:33, Everyman wrote:
> Why are you so arrogant?

Why is the sky blue? Why do birds fly? Why do dogs bark?

Arrogance is Heathfield's essential nature.

Richard

Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Everyman wrote:
>> Why are you so arrogant?

> He isn't.
>
> However at least he's brave enough to post under his own name and
> doesn't have to hide behind an anonymiser.

Oh dear me. How sad.

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Malcolm McLean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Everyman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:gp06so$ubq$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why are you so arrogant?
>>
>> Just wondering.
>>

>Arrogance is where you overestimate your own abilities. Can you find an
>example of Richard Heathfield doing this?

Yes. Thousands. Well documented by Han from China.
Just google for posts by him.

You are very welcome.

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Malcolm McLean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>(Incidentally I probably can't post again for another week).

They only let you on the computers for an hour each Sunday, down at the home?

Keith Thompson

Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Everyman wrote:
>> Why are you so arrogant?

> He isn't.
>
> However at least he's brave enough to post under his own name and
> doesn't have to hide behind an anonymiser.

Please don't feed the troll.

Nokia

Old Wolf

On Mar 9, 7:15*am, "Malcolm McLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >>Arrogance is where you overestimate your own abilities. Can you find an
> >>example of Richard Heathfield doing this?

> I can't trawl through thousands of posts.

Well, Richard Heathfield believes that nobody
should post to this group until they have
trawled through at least 2,500 posts. What do
you make of that?

ref: http://groups.google.com/group/comp....fa6458065f546c

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Malcolm McLean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Kenny McCormack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Malcolm McLean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>(Incidentally I probably can't post again for another week).

>> They only let you on the computers for an hour each Sunday, down at the
>> home?
>>

>It's self-imposed.
>
>I've banned myself from Usenet because my PhD is coming up this year, and an
>entire chapter needs to be written.
>However I still use the computer I have at my parents' house, which I visit
>each Sunday. I give myself a break then.

I see. So I wasn't that far off...

jfbode1029@gmail.com

On Mar 8, 5:33*am, Everyman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Why are you so arrogant?
>
> Just wondering.

Okay. That's it. I've had it with this nonsense. Did we all
suddenly turn 12 years old or something? Are we simply unable to
behave like rational adults anymore?

KNOCK IT OFF. You have problems with Heathfield or Chuck Falconer or
me or anyone else, then respond in the relevant thread or take to
email, but ****ing *enough* with the "here's why so-and-so sucks"
threads.

The September That Never Ended was bad enough, but this is getting
intolerable. Go create an alt.flame.* group to vent your spleens if
you must, but for ****'s sake quit spamming the group with your
personal issues.

*Jesus*.