Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > motherboard compatibility

motherboard compatibility

bardeban

I have a socket 478 motherboard with Intel Chipset. I don't know the model
of the board, there is no indication of the model on the board. I also don't
know whether it is 400MHzFSB board or 533MHzFSB board. Now my question is
"is 400MHz FSB P4 CPU compatible with 533MHzFSB Board"? is it going to
boot?are they backward compatible?

PeeCee

"bardeban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:govfro$j8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a socket 478 motherboard with Intel Chipset. I don't know the model
>of the board, there is no indication of the model on the board. I also
>don't know whether it is 400MHzFSB board or 533MHzFSB board. Now my
>question is "is 400MHz FSB P4 CPU compatible with 533MHzFSB Board"? is it
>going to boot?are they backward compatible?

Very unusual for there to be 'no' indication of the motherboard model silk
screened onto it somewhere.
Unless it's an engineering sample or a very obscure brand, a close
examination of the numbers on the board should find something to tell you
what it is.

A 533 FSB Motherboard means it can reach 533 MHZ but will also run at slower
FSB's
A 400 Mhz FSB CPU is likely to work provided the Bios can recognise the CPU.

However it would still be easier if you could identify the model of
motherboard.

Best
Paul.

chuckcar

"bardeban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:govfro$j8$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a socket 478 motherboard with Intel Chipset. I don't know the
> model of the board, there is no indication of the model on the board. I
> also don't know whether it is 400MHzFSB board or 533MHzFSB board. Now my
> question is "is 400MHz FSB P4 CPU compatible with 533MHzFSB Board"? is
> it going to boot?are they backward compatible?

And you never got a mainboard manual for this motherboard? Where did it
come from?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I have a socket 478 motherboard with Intel Chipset. I don't know the
>> model of the board, there is no indication of the model on the board. I
>> also don't know whether it is 400MHzFSB board or 533MHzFSB board. Now my
>> question is "is 400MHz FSB P4 CPU compatible with 533MHzFSB Board"? is
>> it going to boot?are they backward compatible?

>And you never got a mainboard manual for this motherboard? Where did it
>come from?

If they never got it - where do you think it came from?
--

http://funpresident.com/2009/03/amaz...w-of-penguins/