Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Metered

Re: Metered

Evan Platt

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 11:59:54 -0500, Van Chocstraw
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Our power is metered so we only pay for what we use. Why can't broadband
>and cable tv be metered so we only pay for what we use. Right now we pay
>the same if we download a terabyte a day or do nothing for a month. On
>TV we pay the same if you only watch 1 hour a day or 24 hours a day.
>There is something wrong with that. I want to just pay for what I use
>allowing for a small access charge.

In addition to what Helpful Guy says, a majority of your TV (at least
commercial tv) is paid for by commercials. And if you paid for tv per
- use, would you put up for commercials? Likely not.

Re: Metered G H and I Computer Support 0 03-07-2009 11:01 PM
Re: Metered wisdomkiller & pain Computer Support 0 03-07-2009 09:39 PM
Re: Metered G. Morgan Computer Support 0 03-07-2009 07:48 PM
Re: Metered Helpful guy Computer Support 0 03-07-2009 06:15 PM
Beautiful old Siemens metered valve regulated PSU ... ? Ross NZ Computing 0 06-29-2004 12:08 PM

Advertisments