Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Metered

Re: Metered

Helpful guy

"Van Chocstraw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Our power is metered so we only pay for what we use.

Having two light bulbs running for 24 hours does use twice the resources
when compared with one bulb.

> Why can't broadband and cable tv be metered so we only pay for what we
> use.

Communications services and power are two very different things.
You TV service is still there and costs about the same per day to provide
whether you use it 1 hour or 24 hours per day.

> Right now we pay the same if we download a terabyte a day or do nothing
> for a month. On TV we pay the same if you only watch 1 hour a day or 24
> hours a day.
> There is something wrong with that.

There is nothing wrong with that because the cost of providing a
communications service has very little to do with the cost of providing
power. Providing more power _does_ cost more than providing less power.

Re: Metered G H and I Computer Support 0 03-07-2009 11:01 PM
Re: Metered wisdomkiller & pain Computer Support 0 03-07-2009 09:39 PM
Re: Metered G. Morgan Computer Support 0 03-07-2009 07:48 PM
Re: Metered Evan Platt Computer Support 0 03-07-2009 06:33 PM
Beautiful old Siemens metered valve regulated PSU ... ? Ross NZ Computing 0 06-29-2004 12:08 PM

Advertisments