Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > SonySonicStage

SonySonicStage

John in Wembley

Hi guys
Downloaded SonicStage for my wifes MP3 but wont run as cant find
database, their store is closed.
Any idea of a replacement app for uploading files to her sony mp3?

cheers
john

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <ff607998-e898-4609-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>, John in Wembley wrote:

> Any idea of a replacement app for uploading files to her sony mp3?

Doesn't it just appear to your PC as a storage device onto which you can
copy files?

SlowLearner

On Mar 6, 10:07*pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <ff607998-e898-4609-
> (E-Mail Removed)>, John in Wembley wrote:
>
> > Any idea of a replacement app for uploading files to her sony mp3?

> Doesn't it just appear to your PC as a storage device onto which you can
> copy files?

A lot of mp3 players now use the annoying MTP protocol to transfer
music. They are not designed to be accessed as a usb drive. I guess
using the protocol means they don't have to worry as much about things
like id'ing which files are music, reading the mp3 data on the fly
etc. You have to go out of your way now to find one that loads as a
simple mass storage device.

I would suggest to the original poster that they try windows media
player. There may be better windows mtp apps out there but at least
WMP will get you up and running until you find something better.

oneofus

John in Wembley wrote:
> Hi guys
> Downloaded SonicStage for my wifes MP3 but wont run as cant find
> database, their store is closed.
> Any idea of a replacement app for uploading files to her sony mp3?
>
> cheers
> john

Check out MediaMonkey

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <4529d73b-4716-4da2-ad9a-
(E-Mail Removed)>, SlowLearner wrote:

> On Mar 6, 10:07*pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
> central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
>> In message <ff607998-e898-4609-
>> (E-Mail Removed)>, John in Wembley wrote:
>>
>> > Any idea of a replacement app for uploading files to her sony mp3?

>> Doesn't it just appear to your PC as a storage device onto which you can
>> copy files?

> A lot of mp3 players now use the annoying MTP protocol to transfer
> music.

May be worth looking at Songbird, then
<http://blog.songbirdnest.com/2008/02/29/mtp-device-support-for-windows/>.
It's open-source.