Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to tell which ports are in use?

How to tell which ports are in use?

Leythos

In article <hsbsl.8960$%(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not waste
> your time.
> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.

Chris, Stalking on the internet is a crime, your signature indicates you
are a sick individual stalking myself as well as others, you have
warned, again.

--
Leythos - (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)
Public Service Warning: Learn about PCButts before you trust:

Desk Rabbit

DeanB wrote:
> On Mar 6, 12:58 pm, Desk Rabbit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> DeanB wrote:
>>> Thanks again, I'm beginning to understand something.
>>> Isn't that the way the router is set up right now? For example port 82
>>> is being forwarded to IP 192.168.1.252?

>> No. That is completely different.
>>
>>> The only thing I did different is I set the port number to 82 on the
>>> camera itself - if I understand correctly I should leave it as 80?

>> Yes leave the camera on 80 and open different ports on the outside to
>> map to port 80 on the different IPs inside. That is how standard NAT
>> works. Unfortunately your crappy router is limited and won't allow you
>> to do that.
>>

>>> Oh - for the VPN server you mention - are you talking about a machine
>>> or a software package?

>> A machine. If you had to ask you need to seek a professional.- Hide quoted text -

> I am seeking a professional
>
> So what is my router meaning then, when it says port range 82 to 82 is
> assigned to some IP address? You're saying we need a way to convert a
> port to an IP address, isn't this doing just that?

No, it's doing ranges and not what you need. Just put your hand in your
pocket and pay someone who knows what they are doing. Newsgroups are
great if you have a vague idea what you are doing and need a nudge in
the right direction. If you don't have a clue then a newsgroup is a
dangerous place to seek advice.