Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How to sort folders in bookmarks?

How to sort folders in bookmarks?

df@lsdjasldj.com

I know how to sort the contents of bookmark folders, but cannot figure
out how to arrange the folders themselves in alphabetical order -
besides sliding them with the mouse, that is. it's a slow pain doing it
that way. Is there another faster method?

Cory

I use a add-on called SortPlaces v1.5.0.
You can do a search on the Mozilla site or google it.
It adds the SortPlaces icon to the Bookmarks drop down menu.
Works quickly.

CV

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:02:34 -0600, Cory <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I use a add-on called SortPlaces v1.5.0.
>You can do a search on the Mozilla site or google it.
>It adds the SortPlaces icon to the Bookmarks drop down menu.
>Works quickly.
>
>CV
>

>On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 07:48:21 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>I know how to sort the contents of bookmark folders, but cannot figure
>>out how to arrange the folders themselves in alphabetical order -
>>besides sliding them with the mouse, that is. it's a slow pain doing it
>>that way. Is there another faster method?

Thanks! I'll look it up.

(I don't know why Firefox doesn't have this ability built in.)

Cory

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:03:10 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:02:34 -0600, Cory <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I use a add-on called SortPlaces v1.5.0.
>>You can do a search on the Mozilla site or google it.
>>It adds the SortPlaces icon to the Bookmarks drop down menu.
>>Works quickly.
>>
>>CV
>>

>>On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 07:48:21 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>>I know how to sort the contents of bookmark folders, but cannot figure
>>>out how to arrange the folders themselves in alphabetical order -
>>>besides sliding them with the mouse, that is. it's a slow pain doing it
>>>that way. Is there another faster method?

>Thanks! I'll look it up.
>
>(I don't know why Firefox doesn't have this ability built in.)

It's there, just not easy to get to...
Left clickon Bookmarks
Left click on Organize Bookmarks
Then left click on Bookmarks Menu to highlight it
Then right click.
At the bottom should be Sort By Name

Gompy

Cory wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> It's there, just not easy to get to...
> Left clickon Bookmarks
> Left click on Organize Bookmarks
> Then left click on Bookmarks Menu to highlight it
> Then right click.
> At the bottom should be Sort By Name

Thanks...

--
Regards, Gompy.

df@lsdjasldj.com

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:11:40 -0600, Cory <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:03:10 -0600, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:02:34 -0600, Cory <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I use a add-on called SortPlaces v1.5.0.
>>>You can do a search on the Mozilla site or google it.
>>>It adds the SortPlaces icon to the Bookmarks drop down menu.
>>>Works quickly.
>>>
>>>CV

>>Thanks! I'll look it up.
>>
>>(I don't know why Firefox doesn't have this ability built in.)

>It's there, just not easy to get to...
>Left clickon Bookmarks
>Left click on Organize Bookmarks
>Then left click on Bookmarks Menu to highlight it
>Then right click.
>At the bottom should be Sort By Name

Well, I never would have found that bugger without your explanation. I
still think it dumb that one cannot do it a much simpler way with in the
original folder pane. Thanks heaps!