Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HTML Webpage to CSS Class-Element mapping tool...?

HTML Webpage to CSS Class-Element mapping tool...?

Corka

Hello Newsgroup,

Is there a utility that can map CSS classes and elements, that are
referenced on a webpage? Inherited an ASP application to work on, and the
HTML on the webpage and the (separate) CSS file, are both a dog's breakfast.
I constantly find CSS class that are not referenced. I've seen Spaghetti
code which is easier to follow than this App.

Ideally a tool that can;

- Identify CSS classes on the webpage from HTML controls class=".....", and
ASP.NET control cssclass="...", and map them to the class on the CSS file,
as well as being able to find CSS elements mapped from a HTML control's
id="...." attribute. This is the OK part, as exceptions are generated if a
CSS class cannot be found.

- Give a list of the CSS classes and elements that are not referenced by the
webpage. This would be the good part.

Either free or payed for, anything is better than the painful way.

Thanks Newsgroup.
- Corka

andyho28@gmail.com

On Mar 4, 3:56*pm, "Corka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello Newsgroup,
>
> Is there a utility that can map CSS classes and elements, that are
> referenced on a webpage? Inherited an ASP application to work on, and the
> HTML on the webpage and the (separate) CSS file, are both a dog's breakfast.
> I constantly find CSS class that are not *referenced. I've seen Spaghetti
> code which is easier to follow than this App.
>
> Ideally a tool that can;
>
> - Identify CSS classes on the webpage from HTML controls class=".....", and
> ASP.NET control cssclass="...", and map them to the class on the CSS file,
> as well as being able to find CSS elements mapped from a HTML control's
> id="...." attribute. This is the OK part, as exceptions are generated if a
> CSS class cannot be found.
>
> - Give a list of the CSS classes and elements that are not referenced by the
> webpage. This would be the good part.
>
> Either free or payed for, anything is better than the painful way.
>
> Thanks Newsgroup.
> - Corka

If you've tried the VS 2008 / VWD CSS tool, I think you will like it.

Corka

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Mar 4, 3:56 pm, "Corka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello Newsgroup,
>
> Is there a utility that can map CSS classes and elements, that are
> referenced on a webpage? Inherited an ASP application to work on, and the
> HTML on the webpage and the (separate) CSS file, are both a dog's
> breakfast.
> I constantly find CSS class that are not referenced. I've seen Spaghetti
> code which is easier to follow than this App.
>
> Ideally a tool that can;
>
> - Identify CSS classes on the webpage from HTML controls class=".....",
> and
> ASP.NET control cssclass="...", and map them to the class on the CSS file,
> as well as being able to find CSS elements mapped from a HTML control's
> id="...." attribute. This is the OK part, as exceptions are generated if a
> CSS class cannot be found.
>
> - Give a list of the CSS classes and elements that are not referenced by
> the
> webpage. This would be the good part.
>
> Either free or payed for, anything is better than the painful way.
>
> Thanks Newsgroup.
> - Corka

If you've tried the VS 2008 / VWD CSS tool, I think you will like it.

Didn't know about it, very nice and clever, thank you very much andyho28,
I'll see if I put robotic arms on my PC whether it can organise my bedroom
too ;~D Thanks again.

Regards,
- Corka