Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Sandberg 2.5 Fingerprint HDD enclosure

Sandberg 2.5 Fingerprint HDD enclosure

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Xtreme Computing have an interesting review of the Sandberg 2.5 Fingerprint HDD enclosure which uses a fingerprint scanner as an extra layer of security:

Quote:
The main issue I have with the Sandberg Fingerprint reading hard drive caddy is its file transfer speed. On “paper” it is quite slow compared to the others I have reviewed with the exact same drive fitted. USB isn’t the fastest way to transfer files and the competition being some 50% faster is potentially a sales killer. That said the fingerprint recognition IS the Sandberg’s major selling point though and I cannot fault that. That considered the speed would probably only be a secondary importance. On the whole the Sandberg Fingerprint recognition caddy is a nice piece of hardware only let down by its performance, it comes with some good software and should you want to make regular backups of important documents etc then the PCClone EX software is ideal for doing so, or you can just drag and drop from windows.
Read more here.