Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't set up Print Server

Reply
Thread Tools

Can't set up Print Server

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?VE1hbw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2005
I pretty new at this but I am trying to set up a network where my wife (Dell
Inspiron 6000 laptop) and I (HP Presario desktop) can share the printer (HP
PSC 2210v) in our office. We already have a wireless router (SMC) so she can
connect to the internet (DSL through a SBC modem) wirelessly. We bought a
Hawking HPS1U print server, I loaded the software on just the desktop,
connected the printer to the print server and then ran a cable to the router.
When the software runs, I get a message at the end that says "No print
server port was found"? Little confused to what I am doing wrong.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Clark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-16-2005

Did you get any Admin utilities to help you set it up? They should be able
to find the server and help configure it.

Have you gone to the setup page and looked at that?

My wireless print server is on a logical port, SCOB-----, not an LPT1 or
such.

Clark


"TMao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I pretty new at this but I am trying to set up a network where my wife
>(Dell
> Inspiron 6000 laptop) and I (HP Presario desktop) can share the printer
> (HP
> PSC 2210v) in our office. We already have a wireless router (SMC) so she
> can
> connect to the internet (DSL through a SBC modem) wirelessly. We bought a
> Hawking HPS1U print server, I loaded the software on just the desktop,
> connected the printer to the print server and then ran a cable to the
> router.
> When the software runs, I get a message at the end that says "No print
> server port was found"? Little confused to what I am doing wrong.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?VE1hbw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2005
Sorry but what is a Admin utility, I pretty much set up what the disc had on
it. Also which setup page?

"Clark" wrote:

>
> Did you get any Admin utilities to help you set it up? They should be able
> to find the server and help configure it.
>
> Have you gone to the setup page and looked at that?
>
> My wireless print server is on a logical port, SCOB-----, not an LPT1 or
> such.
>
> Clark
>
>
> "TMao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I pretty new at this but I am trying to set up a network where my wife
> >(Dell
> > Inspiron 6000 laptop) and I (HP Presario desktop) can share the printer
> > (HP
> > PSC 2210v) in our office. We already have a wireless router (SMC) so she
> > can
> > connect to the internet (DSL through a SBC modem) wirelessly. We bought a
> > Hawking HPS1U print server, I loaded the software on just the desktop,
> > connected the printer to the print server and then ran a cable to the
> > router.
> > When the software runs, I get a message at the end that says "No print
> > server port was found"? Little confused to what I am doing wrong.

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Clark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-17-2005
On page 17 of your manual, you would select a Network printer, not one
attached to this computer.

You also need the printers drivers loaded on both computers, which the
manual tells you.

Clark

http://www.hawkingtech.com/drivers.php?CatId=21

Do you have the install manual or owner's manual for the device?
"TMao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry but what is a Admin utility, I pretty much set up what the disc had
> on
> it. Also which setup page?
>
> "Clark" wrote:
>
>>
>> Did you get any Admin utilities to help you set it up? They should be
>> able
>> to find the server and help configure it.
>>
>> Have you gone to the setup page and looked at that?
>>
>> My wireless print server is on a logical port, SCOB-----, not an LPT1 or
>> such.
>>
>> Clark
>>
>>
>> "TMao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I pretty new at this but I am trying to set up a network where my wife
>> >(Dell
>> > Inspiron 6000 laptop) and I (HP Presario desktop) can share the printer
>> > (HP
>> > PSC 2210v) in our office. We already have a wireless router (SMC) so
>> > she
>> > can
>> > connect to the internet (DSL through a SBC modem) wirelessly. We
>> > bought a
>> > Hawking HPS1U print server, I loaded the software on just the desktop,
>> > connected the printer to the print server and then ran a cable to the
>> > router.
>> > When the software runs, I get a message at the end that says "No print
>> > server port was found"? Little confused to what I am doing wrong.

>>
>>
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Musashi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2005

"TMao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I pretty new at this but I am trying to set up a network where my wife

(Dell
> Inspiron 6000 laptop) and I (HP Presario desktop) can share the printer

(HP
> PSC 2210v) in our office. We already have a wireless router (SMC) so she

can
> connect to the internet (DSL through a SBC modem) wirelessly. We bought a
> Hawking HPS1U print server, I loaded the software on just the desktop,
> connected the printer to the print server and then ran a cable to the

router.
> When the software runs, I get a message at the end that says "No print
> server port was found"? Little confused to what I am doing wrong.
>


You have a Multi Purpose Printer.
Go to www.hp.com and send them an email asking what Print Servers are
compatible with the PSC 2210v.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
print a vs print '%s' % a vs print '%f' a David Cournapeau Python 0 12-30-2008 03:19 AM
Problem - I want to print Current Output of Pdf file and should print once.I get print dialog box but it is not working keto Java 0 05-30-2007 11:27 AM
Using a Windows XP 64 bit print driver on a 32 bit Windows 2003 Print Server Alex Griffin Windows 64bit 14 07-27-2005 04:20 PM
Can't print to print server =?Utf-8?B?cGVjaw==?= Wireless Networking 2 02-03-2005 02:41 PM
Unlarging the print to print using PDF file to print Bun Mui Computer Support 3 09-13-2004 03:15 AM



Advertisments