Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Validating controls using asp.net

Validating controls using asp.net

RA

Hi,

If I use the validation controls provided by asp.net, are they going to work
for any browser? Or are they limited to ie explorer 4.0 and above? what
about netscape?

Thanks,
Ronen

FredrikRN

As far as I know they are generated by .NET accordingly to the browser used
at client-side. The server is creating the script based on browser.

I have not tried this myself, but I've heard this is the case.

/Fredrik Rodin

"RA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> If I use the validation controls provided by asp.net, are they going to

work
> for any browser? Or are they limited to ie explorer 4.0 and above? what
> about netscape?
>
> Thanks,
> Ronen

Alvin Bruney

You are correct. Validation is only supported on uplevel browsers which
support javascript. Most browsers do now so that shouldn't be a huge issue.

Regards

--

Got TidBits?