Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Office 2003 customization wizard - maintwiz error on 64 bit Windows:ERROR (04) -- product is not installed on this machine

Office 2003 customization wizard - maintwiz error on 64 bit Windows:ERROR (04) -- product is not installed on this machine

Kamil

Hi,

We have installed Office 2003 on 2 ofour 64 bit TS's, but when we try
to apply customizaion via CMW file, we get the error message: ERROR
(04) -- product is not installed on this machine.

We tried a few times, made sure that MSI file is ok, etc, and still
the same message. It works on 32 bit machines, so is it realted to
64bit systems? Is maintwiz.exe not supported on 64bit systems? I could
not find any info about it.

Thanks for help.

Kamil
MCSE 2000/2003

Kamil

We have found a way around it. We had to make pre-installation
customization. I am pleased to say that the creation of custom MST
file does appear to work. Looks like the code in Custom Installation
Wizard is a bit cleverer than the Custom Maintenance Wizard!!

Thanks

Kamil