Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: avast ads

Re: avast ads

Jeff Strickland

You gotta stop using the free version. Free stuff is just an ad for the
stuff they want you to buy.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how do you get rid of the ads that keep popping up courtesy of the
> avast av software? I keep getting one asking me to buy the full
> product. It opens up in an explorer window but I am sticking with the
> free version. Is there away to disable this or to cancel the service
> in msconfig? If so what is the name of this service?
>
> John

- Bobb -

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> how do you get rid of the ads that keep popping up courtesy of the
>> avast av software? I keep getting one asking me to buy the full
>> product. It opens up in an explorer window but I am sticking with the
>> free version. Is there away to disable this or to cancel the service
>> in msconfig? If so what is the name of this service?

My free version (4. has no ads for what I use : did you get yours here ?

I only use the standard shield - not all modules - maybe that's why ?
I use ZoneAlarm for firewall.

Open avast icon in system tray - click " Details "
or
right-click systray icon - then program settings

James D. Andrews

news:gtc1fm$d8a$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

>> "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> how do you get rid of the ads that keep popping up courtesy of the
>>> avast av software? I keep getting one asking me to buy the full
>>> product. It opens up in an explorer window but I am sticking with the
>>> free version. Is there away to disable this or to cancel the service
>>> in msconfig? If so what is the name of this service?

> My free version (4. has no ads for what I use : did you get yours here
> ?
>
> I only use the standard shield - not all modules - maybe that's why ?
> I use ZoneAlarm for firewall.
>
> Open avast icon in system tray - click " Details "
> or
> right-click systray icon - then program settings

I also use Avast free version, received via a freeware site, and do not
receive nags. As stated above, problem can probably be resolved via Program
Settings. If not, consider reinstalling and watch carefully for check
boxes.

Also, if no conflict occurs, you should probably run the additional shields
on Avast. With these in place, Avast has caught a few nasty critters for
me.

Woof

FF and Avast Big Will Firefox 1 04-18-2005 08:49 PM
IE/Avast against Netscape/Mozilla problem Rg HTML 4 08-15-2004 12:20 PM
Avast with proxomitron Jim Scott Computer Support 2 06-02-2004 08:19 PM
AVAST Scottie Computer Support 6 02-11-2004 04:48 PM
pausing Avast PL+CL Computer Support 2 11-04-2003 09:45 PM

Advertisments