Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Uh-Oh -- it looks like Gaza is still firing rockets.

Uh-Oh -- it looks like Gaza is still firing rockets.

Buffalo

Iapetus wrote:
> Buffalo wrote:
>> Iapetus wrote:
>>>
>>> BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so
>>> although I don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

>> If you understand it so well, please post back with the explanation.
>> Buffalo
>>

> If another country was bombing the **** out of yours, starving your
> kids and killing thousands of your countrymen through heavy
> sanctions, would you'd bend over and ask the occupying forces to
> shaft you up the arse as hard as they like?
>
> I wouldn't.

Thanks for your viewpoint and explanation.
Buffalo

catchme

William Poaster wrote:

> And someone like Hamas whose stated intention is to wipe you off the face
> of the Earth, you would welcome with open arms, would you.

there is much dispute as to what the official version of that quote is,
and what was intended.
The original translation as reported by the media is thought to be a
grievous error.

Further, it would appear that if these rockets were indeed fired by
Hamas, that they were almost intended to miss incurring casualties.
I cannot imagine otherwise- if you had a few rockets and fired them
randomly, most likely you would find a lot more casualties,
consistently, than Hamas has EVER done within the past YEAR!!!
If these rockets were indeed fired by Hamas, then they must have the
worse luck(?)
or no casualties were INTENDED (or if any, very minimal), in which case:

If by Fatah with the intent to APPEAR that Hamas was responsible, well,
that's politics.
IF it is a CIA 'black op', it is expected that the US would do something
like that
If it were Israel attacking their own people (Germany did this once to
claim 'self defence' in invading Poland).....(?)

Whenever there is a skirmish between Israel and Palistine, it is the
latter who suffer the most injuries- one could hardly take a threat to
wipe Israel from the face of the earth, as serious even if that was
their intent.

catchme

G. Morgan wrote:

> I will expect to see you crying about how Israel's next campaign is "tyranny"
> and "illegal", when in fact, it will be a response to repeated provocation.

uh-huh; someone throws a few rocks at your mailbox and you would respond
with a 'self defence' rpg

catchme

Buffalo wrote:
> Iapetus wrote:
>>
>> BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so although
>> I don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

> If you understand it so well, please post back with the explanation.
> Buffalo

how about the US and various other nations refusing to do trade, and
imposing sanctions upon Palistine the day Hamas was elected- and elected
DESPITE attempts by the US to interfere with their election.
Then lets look at how the US tried to finance Fatah to stage a coup
against the recently elected Hamas, only for Hamas to storm Fatah
headquarters and get on the direct line to Rice, the conversation going
something like "hello, Condoleeza? this is Hamas...."
or perhaps the US government doesnt tell their citizens about details
like that?

--
To the States or any one of them, or any city of the States,
Resist much, obey little,

-Walt Whitman, 1860

G. Morgan

catchme wrote:

>G. Morgan wrote:
>

>> I will expect to see you crying about how Israel's next campaign is "tyranny"
>> and "illegal", when in fact, it will be a response to repeated provocation.
>>

>uh-huh; someone throws a few rocks at your mailbox and you would respond
>with a 'self defence' rpg

These are not rocks, they are *rockets* with *explosives* - a school was
destroyed over the weekend. What do you suggest Israel do about it, nothing?

Iapetus

G. Morgan wrote:
> catchme wrote:
>
>> G. Morgan wrote:
>>
>>> I will expect to see you crying about how Israel's next campaign is "tyranny"
>>> and "illegal", when in fact, it will be a response to repeated provocation.
>>>

>> uh-huh; someone throws a few rocks at your mailbox and you would respond
>> with a 'self defence' rpg

> These are not rocks, they are *rockets* with *explosives* - a school was
> destroyed over the weekend. What do you suggest Israel do about it, nothing?

The school wasn't targeted, those fireworks couldn't even hit a city
most of the time.

On the other hand Israel targeted and destroyed around 40 schools in
Gaza along with another 4,000 buildings, 20,000 were severely damaged.