Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Come on RtS, still waiting.

Reply
Thread Tools

Come on RtS, still waiting.

 
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2009
On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:50:18 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>To make things a tad more difficult, there is something known as IP share. Oh look, we have 300 people usinng the
>same IP at the same time.


Still haven't responded Richard. I know quite a few of us would like
to see your answer to this.
--
To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
wisdomkiller & pain
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2009
richard wrote:

.....
> Evan, you say I don't know jack ****. Here's your chance to prove me
> wrong. I'd suggest you ask your own ISP about IP sharing. Maybe they
> can clue you in.


There is no such thing as "ip sharing". Every computer still has a IP
address of his own, on a LAN. There is just "address translation".
Or, there can be application proxies managing the common usage of one or a
pool of external addresses.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
hwf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2009
In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Evan Platt wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:50:18 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >To make things a tad more difficult, there is something known as IP share.

> Oh look, we have 300 people usinng the
> >same IP at the same time.

>
> Still haven't responded Richard. I know quite a few of us would like
> to see your answer to this.


Somthing like this:
http://www.ip-adress.com/dynamic_ip_address/

^_^

--
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people
by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and
sudden usurpations.... The means of defense against foreign danger historically
have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
-James Madison

 
Reply With Quote
 
Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2009
richard wrote:

> Evan, you say I don't know jack ****.


I do!
http://tekrider.net/pages/know.php

--
-bts
-Friends don't let friends drive Windows
 
Reply With Quote
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2009
On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 14:42:12 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>You obviously can not possibly understand how it works.


You obviously don't know what you're talking about it.

>Bolstered by your statement, "Well I can't find anything on it".


Neither did anyone else here.

>Yet, another poster kindly posted at least one web site that showed
>you how more than one person/domain can use the same IP.


Uh huh. What "another poster" shows is how one IP can host more than
one domain name. That poster misunderstood your stupidity, and even
admitted "oops, sorry I misunderstood what RtS was talking about".

>Can there be more than 1 telephone per phone number?


Uhh gee I'd have to think about that. Yes. I have 3 phones at my
house. And what's going to happen when someone calls my number? All
the phones will ring at the same time.

So, without NAT, 300 people cannot have the "Same IP" - otherwise the
webserver (and mail server and usenet server and...) would send the
data to all 300 people.

>Of course. When you call a large business it may only have 1 phone
>number.


WTF? No. A large business is going to have more than one phone number.
It's going to have a PBX, which will likely have a block of numbers.
Although to the outside world, it's one number.

>But has several hundred extensions. For instance, a motel has
>one number and each room has a phone.


Uhh... You're talking about two different things. If a business - or a
motel, only has ONE phone number, only one person can use the phone to
dial OUT (or receive outside calls) at one time.

Sure, a motel COULD only have ONE phone number, and when you call in
and dial the extension, you'll get the room, but if anyone else tries
to call in at THAT TIME, they'll get a busy signal.

>That's how IP share works.


That's called NAT, dumbass. In your example, a person was busted based
on the FBI tracing their IP likely to their house. When was the last
time you had 300 people using your internet connection at once?

>Obviously, there are a zillion more computers in the world than there
>are IP's. So how else would they all be able to connect to the
>internet without some sort of game plan behind the scenes?


Read up on NAT, idiot.

>Evan, you say I don't know jack ****.


Umm.. Somewhat correct. EVERYONE says you don't know jack ****.
They're right.

>Here's your chance to prove me wrong. I'd suggest you ask your own ISP about IP sharing. Maybe they
>can clue you in.


You AGAIN, are talking about two different things, and like chucktard,
you're backpeddaling.

You stated:
"Oh look, we have 300 people usinng the same IP at the same time."

PEOPLE? No.

You were blabbering about someone who was busted based on his IP, and
stated 300 people used the same IP at the same time.

Behind NAT, yes.

I've worked at an ISP for about 10 years. I think if I called my ISP
and asked about "IP share", they'd ask me WTF I'm talking about.

Once again, you show your stupidity.
--
To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Keyser Sze
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2009
Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 14:42:12 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> You obviously can not possibly understand how it works.

>
> You obviously don't know what you're talking about it.
>
>> Bolstered by your statement, "Well I can't find anything on it".

>
> Neither did anyone else here.
>
>> Yet, another poster kindly posted at least one web site that showed
>> you how more than one person/domain can use the same IP.

>
> Uh huh. What "another poster" shows is how one IP can host more than
> one domain name. That poster misunderstood your stupidity, and even
> admitted "oops, sorry I misunderstood what RtS was talking about".
>
>> Can there be more than 1 telephone per phone number?

>
> Uhh gee I'd have to think about that. Yes. I have 3 phones at my
> house. And what's going to happen when someone calls my number? All
> the phones will ring at the same time.
>
> So, without NAT, 300 people cannot have the "Same IP" - otherwise the
> webserver (and mail server and usenet server and...) would send the
> data to all 300 people.
>
>> Of course. When you call a large business it may only have 1 phone
>> number.

>
> WTF? No. A large business is going to have more than one phone number.
> It's going to have a PBX, which will likely have a block of numbers.
> Although to the outside world, it's one number.
>
>> But has several hundred extensions. For instance, a motel has
>> one number and each room has a phone.

>
> Uhh... You're talking about two different things. If a business - or a
> motel, only has ONE phone number, only one person can use the phone to
> dial OUT (or receive outside calls) at one time.
>
> Sure, a motel COULD only have ONE phone number, and when you call in
> and dial the extension, you'll get the room, but if anyone else tries
> to call in at THAT TIME, they'll get a busy signal.
>
>> That's how IP share works.

>
> That's called NAT, dumbass. In your example, a person was busted based
> on the FBI tracing their IP likely to their house. When was the last
> time you had 300 people using your internet connection at once?
>
>> Obviously, there are a zillion more computers in the world than there
>> are IP's. So how else would they all be able to connect to the
>> internet without some sort of game plan behind the scenes?

>
> Read up on NAT, idiot.
>
>> Evan, you say I don't know jack ****.

>
> Umm.. Somewhat correct. EVERYONE says you don't know jack ****.
> They're right.
>
>> Here's your chance to prove me wrong. I'd suggest you ask your own
>> ISP about IP sharing. Maybe they can clue you in.

>
> You AGAIN, are talking about two different things, and like chucktard,
> you're backpeddaling.
>
> You stated:
> "Oh look, we have 300 people usinng the same IP at the same time."
>
> PEOPLE? No.
>
> You were blabbering about someone who was busted based on his IP, and
> stated 300 people used the same IP at the same time.
>
> Behind NAT, yes.
>
> I've worked at an ISP for about 10 years. I think if I called my ISP
> and asked about "IP share", they'd ask me WTF I'm talking about.
>
> Once again, you show your stupidity.


I have the same IP as my alter ego, does that help?

--
In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
nations, and epochs it is the rule. Nietzsche
 
Reply With Quote
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2009
On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:36:21 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>>Uhh... You're talking about two different things. If a business - or a
>>motel, only has ONE phone number, only one person can use the phone to
>>dial OUT (or receive outside calls) at one time.
>>

>
>bwahaaaahahahahahaha
>You call me stoopid?
>Why do you think they invented switchboards?
>Without one, only one person in the entire country could make a phone
>call at any one time.


WTF are you talking about? Switchboards? Are you truly that stupid?

What does a telco switchboard have to do with a corporate phone
system?

When's the last time YOU looked at a corporate telephone bill? I
guarantee you, a company has more than one telephone number.

>>Sure, a motel COULD only have ONE phone number, and when you call in
>>and dial the extension, you'll get the room, but if anyone else tries
>>to call in at THAT TIME, they'll get a busy signal.

>
>Have you been anywhere outside of your own home?


I have. Have you been outside your moms basement at all?

>>That's called NAT, dumbass. In your example, a person was busted based
>>on the FBI tracing their IP likely to their house. When was the last
>>time you had 300 people using your internet connection at once?

>
>I wouldn't know. I'm not privvy to that information.


You're not privy to when you've had people use your internet
connection? You can't really be that Stoopid can you?

You are totally 100% clueless.
--
To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
walter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2009
Evan Platt wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:36:21 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>> Uhh... You're talking about two different things. If a business -
>>> or a motel, only has ONE phone number, only one person can use the
>>> phone to dial OUT (or receive outside calls) at one time.
>>>

>>
>> bwahaaaahahahahahaha
>> You call me stoopid?
>> Why do you think they invented switchboards?
>> Without one, only one person in the entire country could make a phone
>> call at any one time.

>
> WTF are you talking about? Switchboards? Are you truly that stupid?


Why yes. Yes he is. They don't call him "Richard the Stoopid" (RtS) Bullis
fer nuthin'.

> What does a telco switchboard have to do with a corporate phone
> system?
>
> When's the last time YOU looked at a corporate telephone bill? I
> guarantee you, a company has more than one telephone number.
>
>>> Sure, a motel COULD only have ONE phone number, and when you call in
>>> and dial the extension, you'll get the room, but if anyone else
>>> tries to call in at THAT TIME, they'll get a busy signal.

>>
>> Have you been anywhere outside of your own home?

>
> I have. Have you been outside your moms basement at all?
>
>>> That's called NAT, dumbass. In your example, a person was busted
>>> based on the FBI tracing their IP likely to their house. When was
>>> the last time you had 300 people using your internet connection at
>>> once?

>>
>> I wouldn't know. I'm not privvy to that information.

>
> You're not privy to when you've had people use your internet
> connection? You can't really be that Stoopid can you?
>
> You are totally 100% clueless.


Only 99% He's finally learned how to post using anon m2n gateways.

Currently he's posting through dizum in another group while taking up *one*
of his old and tired crusades of accusing everybody under the sun of being
Taylor Jiminez/Joe Jared/ Cujo.

Don't know why he's bothering with the gateway though. It's not like
anybody who's been around more than a few years doesn't know it's him.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-03-2009
On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:36:21 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>bwahaaaahahahahahaha


Laughing at yourself?

>You call me stoopid?


Yes. And so does everyone else in this froup.

You STILL have provided no documentation to back up your "300 people
share the same IP" crap.
--
To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where do bookmark thunbnails come from? Martin Leese Firefox 1 02-07-2005 03:39 AM
Mozilla: Can I still keep IE and outlook? Or still vulnerable to viruses? lbbss Computer Support 6 08-16-2004 11:55 PM
Re: Canon S1 - still waiting for mine to come Georges Preddivous Digital Photography 6 07-22-2004 12:12 PM
Come One, Come All Jess Guim Digital Photography 0 12-02-2003 04:43 PM
Cisco 2600, FastEthernet won't come up Craig Bruenderman Cisco 1 11-07-2003 03:21 PM



Advertisments