Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > web.config session timeout and forms authentication timeout

web.config session timeout and forms authentication timeout

Do

Hi,

Where do I set the two timeout values for session and timeout?
Are they set to matching defaults?

Thanks,

Do

George Durzi

They're both inside the web.config. You really can't miss it.
I don't know if they're set to matching default.

Be sure to scroll right all the way for the session timeout, I missed it the
first time I was looking for it because i didn't scroll far enough in the
IDE while editing the web.config file

"Do" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Where do I set the two timeout values for session and timeout?
> Are they set to matching defaults?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Do

John

I'm not sure about the default values, but I know for a fact that they are
independent. Even though a user's session times out, he can still be
authenticated and vice versa.