Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > adobe flash: Is it now 64 bit

adobe flash: Is it now 64 bit

miso@sushi.com

I always had trouble running flash through an IE plugin (32 bit). For
whatever reason, it seems to work after the latest flash upgrade. This
is both in 32 bit IE and 64 bit IE.

Dominic Payer

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=6b3af6c9 is
Adobe's official position on 64-bit Flash Player.

There is an alpha release for 64-bit Linux and general questions on
64-bit Flash are answered at
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/f...yer10/faq.html

On Mar 1, 3:43*am, Dominic Payer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...lId=6b3af6c9is
> Adobe's official position on 64-bit Flash Player.
>
> There is an alpha release for 64-bit Linux and general questions on
> 64-bit Flash are answered athttp://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/faq.html
>
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I always had trouble running flash through an IE plugin (32 bit). For
> > whatever reason, it seems to work after the latest flash upgrade. This
> > is both in 32 bit IE and 64 bit IE.

Well I'm baffled why it works on certain websites now after it forced
me to do an upload, but didn't before. [I can't recall how many times
that damn flash had to be upgraded..]

Me

== Quote from (E-Mail Removed) ((E-Mail Removed))'s article
> I always had trouble running flash through an IE plugin (32 bit). For
> whatever reason, it seems to work after the latest flash upgrade. This
> is both in 32 bit IE and 64 bit IE.

That's why I always use 32-bit Firefox for anything that requires Flash.

swarfega

Adobe do not support 64-bit and wont for some time.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I always had trouble running flash through an IE plugin (32 bit). For
> whatever reason, it seems to work after the latest flash upgrade. This
> is both in 32 bit IE and 64 bit IE.

> signature database 3917 (20090307) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3917 (20090307) __________

http://www.eset.com

Evilpanda

I just can't physically believe that Adobe still hasn't released this
There was me thinking they would wait for windows 7 but oh no - stil
nothing - what a jok

--
Evilpand
Evilpanda's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/156225.ht

http://forums.techarena.i

R. C. White

Hi, Evilpanda.

I see that Adobe has updated their TechNote recently, on October 21, 2009:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

But it still says the same thing:
"Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser.
However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit
operating system.
"...We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming
release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1."

Oh, they did add this:
"Note: To participate in pre-release testing of 64-bit Flash Players see
Adobe Labs."

Can you "physically believe" that? :>{

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Evilpanda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I just can't physically believe that Adobe still hasn't released this.
> There was me thinking they would wait for windows 7 but oh no - still
> nothing - what a joke
>

> --
> Evilpanda

Carlos

R.C.,
Here
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
is where flash 10.1 prerelease can be found but no word on x64 yet!
Carlos