Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > EVENT HANDLING HELP...

EVENT HANDLING HELP...

Mike Speak

I have a user control that defines a number of LinkButtons - these
form a menu system for each of my web pages.

I have an event handler defined in the code-behind of the user control
that captures the event. this works ok...

How can I hook up the click event on each LinkButton to call an event
handler in each page, not an event handler in the user control?

TIA for any help or suggestions.

Mark Fitzpatrick

I haven't done this in ages, but what you'll need to do is bubble up the
event to the actual page and then create event handlers in the page that can
catch the bubbled event. This actually ends up to be a tad bit annoying to
say the least. There are some bubbling samples at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...eventmodel.asp

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage