Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > Microsoft Study Guides

Microsoft Study Guides

rbudj

I am studying for my MCITP: Server Administrator (Windows Server 200. The
problem I am having is choosing the best study material for me. I have tried
the Sybex series books and they are ok. I am currently looking at the MCITP
- Self-Paced Training Kit. My question is in this area.

I went to a local book store and they had both the MCITP Training Kit -
ISBN# 0735625085 AND one of the individual books, Windows Server
Administration ISBN# 0735625107. To my knowledge, the Windows Server
Administration book contained within the kit is the same as the stand alone
book. However, when I put the two next to each other to compare the
thickness of the book, I was surprised. The stand alone hardback book
appeared to be about 200 pages thicker than the paperback book contained in
the kit. My question is ... Does anyone know why this is?

It almost looks like the book in the kit may be missing 200 pages of
information. I know this is an odd question to ask but hopefully someone
else has ran across this issue. I would rather pay the extra money and buy
the books individually if it means not getting cut short on education.