Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > 70-643:chapter 1, lesson 2, Exercise 5

70-643:chapter 1, lesson 2, Exercise 5

Ans Hekerman

Good afternoon,
Now I am doing the exercises with Virtual PC 2007. Until now it works well
on the Vista Home Premium OS.
But a new problem now: when I try to type in username and password (exercise
5, point 4) it turns out that my keyboard doesn't work well anymore. Ik did
a system restore on Vista and then the keyboard was fine again, but when I
restarted Server 2, that then oploads files (WDS), again the keyboard goes
wrong during this opload-proces. This keyboard-problem is then both on the
host en on the guest OS. I don't know how to repair this. Ik cannot type
some symbols, like m, k , l, and more(they become numbers instead of
characters). The result is that I cannot type username and password, so I
cannot go on, uploading the Server 2008 OS to Server2.
Is here someone who knows how to handle this problem.
Thanks, Ans

Ans Hekerman

Good morning,
I found a work-around: attached my desktop-keyboard (USB) to the laptop
after Windows hax downloaded files. Then it is possible to type in the
credentials en de process can complete. When finished, I do a systemrestore
on the Vista (host). Then the laptop-keyboard works normal on the host en
the guests except Server2. On Server2 the laptop-keyboard stays disturbed
but I can use than an onboard-keyboard. This is not a total solution, but
now I can go on.
kind regards, Ans Hekerman

news:(E-Mail Removed)...