Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > 70-640

70-640

Garth

It was announce in one of the MCT newsgroups.

"Montreal_MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hmmm... MAYBE I hadn't heard of it though... -M
>
> --
> Mitch Garvis
> Microsoft MVP: Essential Server Solutions
> http://garvis.ca/blogs
>
> "Garth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Didn't MS change the exam number to Exam 83-640: TS: Windows Server 2008
>> Active Directory, Configuring featuring new virtual labs exam items or
>> something like that?
>>
>> "Montreal_MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Sorry Larry, that is exam 70-113, not 70-640. I know what you are
>>> talking about, but this is not it

>>> --
>>> Mitch Garvis
>>> Microsoft MVP: Essential Server Solutions
>>> http://garvis.ca/blogs
>>>
>>> "LarryWestMCSD" <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

LarryWestMCSD

The 70-113 exam was the "Performance Based Testing Pilot Exam" for the new
70-640 exam (Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring). The exam
itself did not give you any certifications, because, as Microsoft stated, "it
is only part of the exam," but if you were one of the first 3000 to take it,
you did get three free vouchers in exchange for your time and input. See
http://blogs.technet.com/betaexams/a...7-29-9-12.aspx.
I had signed up for it, but had a last minute emergency and could not get the
time off to take it. The emergency came up after it was too late to
reschedule the exam.

I do believe it is the "Performance Lab" that the Original Poster talks about.