Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > 70-620 or 70-621?

70-620 or 70-621?

nhottinger

I am working on getting my MCSA and have a few questions on which exam to
take. I have the MCDST exam so I'm guessing 70-621 would be my best bet
since it says it will fulfill all requirements of 70-620 plus give me the
MCITP Enterprise cert. Am I ok to do that? I will also be taking 70-290 and
70-291 to finish off the MCSA. Would you recommend a different route? I
also have CompTia Network + as my elective for MCSA.

Chris

Hi,

you are in a very similar situation to me. I have passed 70-270 (XP), 70-620
(Vista) 70-622 (vista enterprise) and CompTIA A+ and Network+. I just need
7-290 and 70-291 for my MCSA. I think this would be the best choice for you
too, then you can upgrade it to MCITP: Server Administrator on the 2008
track with 2 more exams, 70-648 (upgrade exam) and 70-646 (Server 2008
administrator).

HTH

"nhottinger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am working on getting my MCSA and have a few questions on which exam to
> take. I have the MCDST exam so I'm guessing 70-621 would be my best bet
> since it says it will fulfill all requirements of 70-620 plus give me the
> MCITP Enterprise cert. Am I ok to do that? I will also be taking 70-290
> and
> 70-291 to finish off the MCSA. Would you recommend a different route? I
> also have CompTia Network + as my elective for MCSA.

Andrew Du

Chris is right, 70-621 is the best exam for you. Note also, 70-620 is heavily
biassed towards SOHO users, doesn't have anything in it about corporate
stuff, mass deployments, or even domain membership. Bit of a silly exam to
have as part of MCSA imho. But what do I know?
--
No sig is a good sig

"nhottinger" wrote:

> I am working on getting my MCSA and have a few questions on which exam to
> take. I have the MCDST exam so I'm guessing 70-621 would be my best bet
> since it says it will fulfill all requirements of 70-620 plus give me the
> MCITP Enterprise cert. Am I ok to do that? I will also be taking 70-290 and
> 70-291 to finish off the MCSA. Would you recommend a different route? I
> also have CompTia Network + as my elective for MCSA.

nhottinger

Thanks for the suggestions. I will be taking 70-621 in the next few weeks,
then onto 290 and 291. Let me know how 291 goes. I've heard it's pretty
tough as well.

"Chris" wrote:

> Yeah I feel the 620 exam was a bit of a waste of time to be honest, as I
> have 270 (XP) for my client, 622 (or 621) is much more relevant to a domain
> environment. They should deffo have one of these as part of the MCSA instead
> of 620.
>
> I'm planning 4 weeks of study for the 290 exam with the MS self paced book,
> exam cram2 and transcenders.. I'm not looking forward to 291 simply because
> people keep calling it "the beast"..
>
> "Andrew Du" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Chris is right, 70-621 is the best exam for you. Note also, 70-620 is
> > heavily
> > biassed towards SOHO users, doesn't have anything in it about corporate
> > stuff, mass deployments, or even domain membership. Bit of a silly exam to
> > have as part of MCSA imho. But what do I know?
> > --
> > No sig is a good sig
> >

> > "nhottinger" wrote:
> >
> >> I am working on getting my MCSA and have a few questions on which exam to
> >> take. I have the MCDST exam so I'm guessing 70-621 would be my best bet
> >> since it says it will fulfill all requirements of 70-620 plus give me the
> >> MCITP Enterprise cert. Am I ok to do that? I will also be taking 70-290
> >> and
> >> 70-291 to finish off the MCSA. Would you recommend a different route? I
> >> also have CompTia Network + as my elective for MCSA.

Savo Jr

I passed MCDST, 270 & 290 pretty easily and with 290 i got best points so
far.. after those i needed extra half year full time study after i passed
that one. I also failed it once.

Then again i was beginner at that phase. Systems administrator with few
years experience might pass that one easily too.

When i was unemployed it took about 1-2 moths full time studying per exam
but after starting in my job -thanks to MCSA- i have less hours to use for
studying.

..jyrki

"nhottinger" wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions. I will be taking 70-621 in the next few weeks,
> then onto 290 and 291. Let me know how 291 goes. I've heard it's pretty
> tough as well.

evileyeperry

I am an MCDST and am currently studying for the Vista upgrade 70-621.

I am doing this by reading both the 70-620 and 70-622 books.

I am currently on page 450 of the 70-620 book and hence why i've just joined
the MCITP news group!

anyone got any stories, advice on the 70-621 upgrade exam? where i should
concentrate my efforts in the limited study time i have?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...