Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > 70-646 & 70-647 MCIT Server/Enterprise Administrator.

70-646 & 70-647 MCIT Server/Enterprise Administrator.

Harvey Colwell

I just passed Server Administrator (score 981) and Enterprise Administrator
(score 876) yesterday. There are a few things I would like to pass along.

1.) You can't just rely on the Official Curriculum (Self Study Guides). I
stated in the past the same thing. But back then, the study guides included
several White Papers on the accompanying the CD-ROM. They were a must read.
Now the study guides simply provide links to various online articles. But
these are a must read as well. There's now way a 700 page book can cover
everything that you need to know.

I passed the 70-649 exam (Upgrading Your MCSE on Windows Server 2003 to
Windows Server 200 at the beginning of the year, before Windows Server
2008 was even released. There wasn't any study guides available back then.
All my studying was done with downloaded step-by-step guides, TechNet
Articles, and several VMs with beta and RC versions of the OS.

2.) There's very few posts about these two exams out there. But what I can
tell, my experience was the opposite of most. The Server Administrator Study
Guide was much bigger and the included Measure UP Practice Exam was much
harder than the corresponding Enterprise Administrator stuff. But the actual
exams were exactly the opposite.

The Server Administrator exam wasn't easy, and I can honestly say that I've
never had any exam quit like it. It seem to focus on only four or five main
topics. And there were question after question after question about each. It
made you wonder how could they possible ask another WSUS or WDS question,
and sure enough, you'd click next, and there one was.

On the Enterprise Administrator exam, I felt that I must had purchased the
wrong Study guide. The exam didn't even touch one half of the information
that was in the book. And went into the far realms of the topics that it did
touch on. I'm sure glad I read all of those various, above mentioned, online
articles.

3.) There's been quite a debate over the years about if exam questions were
weighted equally or not. Well, they're definitely not. The Server
Administrator had 44 questions. If the questions were weighted equally, then
each question would have been worth 22.7 points (based on 1000 points
total). So the absolute best I could have gotten without getting a perfect
score should have been 973. But I got a 981. So the question(s) I messed
definitely were weighted less than some of the others.

TBone

And on the eigth day "Harvey Colwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> did
cause the electrons to come together and form the following words:

> 3.) There's been quite a debate over the years about if exam questions
> were weighted equally or not. Well, they're definitely not. The Server
> Administrator had 44 questions. If the questions were weighted
> equally, then each question would have been worth 22.7 points (based
> on 1000 points total). So the absolute best I could have gotten
> without getting a perfect score should have been 973. But I got a 981.
> So the question(s) I messed definitely were weighted less than some of
> the others.

That's assuming the test is out of 1000, which it isn't.

-------

T-Bone
MCNGP XL