Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > WET vs USMT on the 70-622 exam

WET vs USMT on the 70-622 exam

Kirby Timm

I'm having difficultly determining when to use WET vs when to use USMT on
the study questions. So I'm guessing that I'm going to have difficulty with
these questions on the test as well. One of the big things that keeps
tripping me up is that WET is used for "migrating a small number of users".
Well, what defines "small"? In an org of 10,000 systems, 100 systems is
pretty "small". In an org of only 10 systems, 10 is the entire network. So
when it comes to the exam questions, can anyone give me some "fast and
dirty" guidelines as to what may be considered large vs small? IE 10
systems is probally "small" vs 100 which is probally "large"?
Thanks

Garth

Use WET for ~10 PCs and use USMT for 10+

"Kirby Timm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm having difficultly determining when to use WET vs when to use USMT on
> the study questions. So I'm guessing that I'm going to have difficulty
> with these questions on the test as well. One of the big things that
> keeps tripping me up is that WET is used for "migrating a small number of
> users". Well, what defines "small"? In an org of 10,000 systems, 100
> systems is pretty "small". In an org of only 10 systems, 10 is the entire
> network. So when it comes to the exam questions, can anyone give me some
> "fast and dirty" guidelines as to what may be considered large vs small?
> IE 10 systems is probally "small" vs 100 which is probally "large"?
> Thanks

G.R Smith. CCNA | MCP | MCTSx1 | A+ | N+

Hi there,

just wrote 70-622, and they refer to wet as a single instance, you would use
USMt if the organization has a server infrustructure, if not u wold use WET,
but yes for the exam purposes WET less than 10 USMT and WDS 10 and over LTI
installations

regards

"Garth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Use WET for ~10 PCs and use USMT for 10+
>

> "Kirby Timm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm having difficultly determining when to use WET vs when to use USMT on
>> the study questions. So I'm guessing that I'm going to have difficulty
>> with these questions on the test as well. One of the big things that
>> keeps tripping me up is that WET is used for "migrating a small number of
>> users". Well, what defines "small"? In an org of 10,000 systems, 100
>> systems is pretty "small". In an org of only 10 systems, 10 is the
>> entire network. So when it comes to the exam questions, can anyone give
>> me some "fast and dirty" guidelines as to what may be considered large vs
>> small? IE 10 systems is probally "small" vs 100 which is probally
>> "large"?
>> Thanks

Kirby Timm

Great! Thanks to the both of you! I'll keep that in mind as a rough and
dirty that 10 or less is WET where over 10 is USMT.
Thanks again!

"G.R Smith. CCNA | MCP | MCTSx1 | A+ | N+" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote