Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > MCSA 2003 to MCITP: Database Administrator

MCSA 2003 to MCITP: Database Administrator

MSV

Hi All

I got my MCSA 2003 in March 08. I was preparing to complete my MCSE 2003.
Now company wants me to get the "MCITP: Database Administrator" certification
by the end of Sep 08.

I checked through many sites and seems pretty confusing.

Is there a way I can upgrade my MCSA 2003 to MCITP: Database Administrator ?
If yes, please let me know the exam numbers that I need to go through.
Even if it is not upgradable, please let me know the exams nos. that i need
to go thru to achieve my MCITP: Database Administrator certification.

Awaiting an early reply..

MSV

Jonathan Roberts

MSV wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I got my MCSA 2003 in March 08. I was preparing to complete my MCSE 2003.
> Now company wants me to get the "MCITP: Database Administrator" certification
> by the end of Sep 08.
>
> I checked through many sites and seems pretty confusing.
>
> Is there a way I can upgrade my MCSA 2003 to MCITP: Database Administrator ?
> If yes, please let me know the exam numbers that I need to go through.
> Even if it is not upgradable, please let me know the exams nos. that i need
> to go thru to achieve my MCITP: Database Administrator certification.
>
> Awaiting an early reply..
>
> MSV

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx

Darrilgibson@gmail.com

The MCSA and MCITP: DBA are different techologies so there isn't a
direct upgrade path. Your MCSA knowledge will definitely help you
because you should understand how a SQL Server 2005 server operates in
a domain environment.

You need to take three exams for the MCITP: DBA. This page has the
details:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx
The exams are 70-431, 70-443, and 70-444 and the objectives for each
can be viewed here:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-431.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-443.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-444.mspx

This book has what's needed to learn the objectives, take and pass the
three exams: MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One
Exam Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444) (All-in-One), ISBN
0071496092. Other books are also available.

Good luck.

Darril Gibson
MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD...
http://mcitpsuccess.com/
http://mcitpsuccess.blogspot.com/
Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)
Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Developer All-in-One Exam
Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-441, & 70-442)