Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > Can XP be used as the client for 2008 study

Can XP be used as the client for 2008 study

New MCP

Has anyone had any problems using XP as the client for Windows 2008 study,
rather than Vista?

I’m not sure if there is a prerequisite for Vista knowledge when completing
2008 exams.

In the work place i use XP and don't really have a use for Vista at the
moment.

--
New MCP

Darrilgibson@gmail.com

It depends on what certification you're seeking..

If you're going for the MCITP: Server Administrator (exams 70-640,
70-642, and 70-646) you don't need Windows Vista. You can even use
Virtual PC to load free evaluation versions of Windows Server 2008
onto your Windows XP system.
This book (MCITP: Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator Study Guide
(Exam 70-646) ISBN 0470293152) even has the steps you can use to load
Server 2008 onto your system using Virtual PC.

Darril Gibson
MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
http://mcitpsuccess.com/
http://mcitpsuccess.blogspot.com/
Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)
Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Developer All-in-One Exam
Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-441, & 70-442)