Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > Passed 70-646

Passed 70-646

webster

Passed the 646 exam today. 44 questions, passing score is 700 and you have
just over 2 hrs to take the exam plus some survey time.

From the Skills Measured matrix, this is what I had:

>Skills measured by Exam 70-646
>Planning for Server Deployment (19 percent)

>Plan server installations and upgrades.
>May include but is not limited to: Windows Server 2008 edition selection,
>rollback planning, Bitlocker implementation
>requirements

Only had the first item

> Plan for automated server deployment.
> May include but is not limited to: standard server image, automation and
> scheduling of server deployments

Did not have the last item

>Plan infrastructure services server roles.
>May include but is not limited to: address assignment, name resolution,
>network access control, directory services,
>application services, certificate services

Had every one of those

>Plan application servers and services.
>May include but is not limited to: virtualization server planning,
>availability, resilience, and accessibility

Did not have the last item

>Plan file and print server roles.
>May include but is not limited to: access permissions, storage quotas,
>replication, indexing, file storage policy,
>availability, printer publishing

Did not have indexing or printer publishing

>Planning for Server Management (23 percent)

>Plan server management strategies.
>May include but is not limited to: remote administration, remote desktop,
>server management technologies, Server
>Manager and ServerManagerCMD, delegation policies and procedures

Did not have anything on Server Manager or ServerManagerCMD

>Plan for delegated administration.
>May include but is not limited to: delegate authority, delegate Active
>Directory objects, application management

Had them all

>Plan and implement group policy strategy.
>May include but is not limited to: GPO management, GPO backup and recovery,
>group policy troubleshooting, group
>policy planning

Only had the 1st and last items

>Monitoring and Maintaining Servers (20 percent)

>Implement patch management strategy.
>May include but is not limited to: operating system patch level
>maintenance, Windows Server Update Services
>(WSUS), application patch level maintenance

Had them all but had 6 questions on WSUS and making WSUS highly available.
Just plain weird to have that many questions on WSUS on a 44 question exam.

>Monitor servers for performance evaluation and optimization.
>May include but is not limited to: server and service monitoring,
>optimization, event management, trending and baseline
>analysis

Did not have the last two items.

>Monitor and maintain security and policies.
>May include but is not limited to: remote access, monitor and maintain
>NPAS, network access, server security,
>firewall rules and policies, authentication and authorization, data
>security, auditing

Had it all.

>Planning Application and Data Provisioning (19 percent)

>Provision applications.
>May include but is not limited to: presentation virtualization, terminal
>server infrastructure, resource allocation,
>application virtualization alternatives, application deployment, System
>Center Configuration Manager

In one way or another had parts of al thrown in there.

>Provision data.
>May include but is not limited to: shared resources, offline data access

Yep, had it all.

>Planning for Business Continuity and High Availability (19 percent)
>Plan storage.

>May include but is not limited to: storage solutions, storage management

Had it all.

>Plan high availability.
>May include but is not limited to: service redundancy, service availability

Yeppers, all of it.

>Plan for backup and recovery.
>May include but is not limited to: data recovery strategy, server recovery
>strategy, directory service recovery strategy,
>object level recovery

Had it all.

Now the usual question, what did I use for study materials?

1.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en I
would say 50% of the exam is in this one document.

2. Had attended Jeremy Moskowitz's excellent GPO classes back in February.
There was a LOT of stuff from his 2-day catch-up course for Vista/Server
2008 that was on the exam along with his other very useful info on GPOs and
GPO Mgmt. That was money very well spent. Highly recommended class:
http://www.gpanswers.com/workshop/courses/13

3. Attended the 3-day MS Partner prep class back in February and
immediately took the MCSA and MCSE upgrade exams.

4. It helped a great deal that I had just completed a little while ago a
PKI Roadmap for a global corporation that has over 35,000 laptops. They
were using PKI, Enterprise Root CA, prepping for roaming credentials, EFS,
BitLocker, encrypted offline files, etc. All that was hit pretty hard on
this exam. So lucky for me it was all still pretty fresh on my mind.

Very good exam that covered a lot of material with just a bit too much WSUS
for me. Taking the 647 exam Friday afternoon. Pray for me will you?

Thanks

Webster

jazzmaster

Hi Webster,

Just bought the study guide and booked my exam for 14th June. Just wondering
if the content is sufficient to scale through, if not what additional reading
would you recommend. What practice tests did you use.

Thanks

jazzmaster

"webster" wrote:

> [...]

> 2008 that was on the exam along with his other very useful info on GPOs and
> GPO Mgmt. That was money very well spent. Highly recommended class:
> http://www.gpanswers.com/workshop/courses/13
>
> 3. Attended the 3-day MS Partner prep class back in February and
> immediately took the MCSA and MCSE upgrade exams.
>
> 4. It helped a great deal that I had just completed a little while ago a
> PKI Roadmap for a global corporation that has over 35,000 laptops. They
> were using PKI, Enterprise Root CA, prepping for roaming credentials, EFS,
> BitLocker, encrypted offline files, etc. All that was hit pretty hard on
> this exam. So lucky for me it was all still pretty fresh on my mind.
>
> Very good exam that covered a lot of material with just a bit too much WSUS
> for me. Taking the 647 exam Friday afternoon. Pray for me will you?

webster

No practice tests. Just the links in my original post.

Now the usual question, what did I use for study materials?

1.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en I
would say 50% of the exam is in this one document.

Webster

"jazzmaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Webster,
>
> Just bought the study guide and booked my exam for 14th June. Just
> wondering
> if the content is sufficient to scale through, if not what additional
> reading
> would you recommend. What practice tests did you use.

dhilip

sir/mam
This is DHILIP
I had compleated the 70-646 exam on server 2008, my mcp id is "6295139" and
also got a access code, but its not accepting for the registration, so
kindely send me the access code

thank you