Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > Any info on 70-647?

Any info on 70-647?

KMcFerrin

I have an MCSE:Security on Windows 2003, and I recently passed the 70-649
for my Server 2008 MCTS certifications. I'm taking the Vista exam next week,
and then after that all I have left to do is the 70-647. I just can't find
any information about the exam, either in beta or final form.

As far as Server 2008 prep goes, I took a 3-day "partner preview" class
awhile back, and then put up a couple of 2008 VMs so that I could play with
Hyper-V and Server Core. The day before the 70-649 exam I re-read the course
book from cover to cover, and I felt like the exam was pretty easy. I'm not
expecting the 70-647 to be so easy. Can anyone give me some pointers? There
simply isn't any training material available to study from, and hands-on will
only get you so far when it comes to making design/architecture decisions.
I'm hoping to finish the exam by mid-late May.

Also, I was told by a trainer that 70-647 was supposed to have been 100%
simulation. Can anyone verify? Are we allowed to even discuss that without
violating the NDA on the exams?

webster

"KMcFerrin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an MCSE:Security on Windows 2003, and I recently passed the 70-649
> for my Server 2008 MCTS certifications. I'm taking the Vista exam next
> week,
> and then after that all I have left to do is the 70-647. I just can't
> find
> any information about the exam, either in beta or final form.

Went live this month. I am scheduled to take it on the 2nd.

> As far as Server 2008 prep goes, I took a 3-day "partner preview" class
> awhile back, and then put up a couple of 2008 VMs so that I could play
> with
> Hyper-V and Server Core. The day before the 70-649 exam I re-read the
> course
> book from cover to cover, and I felt like the exam was pretty easy. I'm
> not
> expecting the 70-647 to be so easy. Can anyone give me some pointers?

I am just playing with Server 2008 under Hyper-V and reading all the stuff
on Microsoft's site I can find.

Webster

Dude

I just passed 70-647 yesterday. 48 questions and a minimum score of 700 to
pass. This was a tough exam. I thought that the questions were harder than
the 70-649 exam questions. Besides Server 2008, make sure that you
understand the features and functional levels of Server 2003 and 2000 Server
as well. It helped that I had previously studied for the 2003 and 2000 MCSE
exams. If you're already an MCSE, you should be OK. It helps to be familiar
with Vista too. Good Luck!

"KMcFerrin" wrote:

> I have an MCSE:Security on Windows 2003, and I recently passed the 70-649
> for my Server 2008 MCTS certifications. I'm taking the Vista exam next week,
> and then after that all I have left to do is the 70-647. I just can't find
> any information about the exam, either in beta or final form.
>
> As far as Server 2008 prep goes, I took a 3-day "partner preview" class
> awhile back, and then put up a couple of 2008 VMs so that I could play with
> Hyper-V and Server Core. The day before the 70-649 exam I re-read the course
> book from cover to cover, and I felt like the exam was pretty easy. I'm not
> expecting the 70-647 to be so easy. Can anyone give me some pointers? There
> simply isn't any training material available to study from, and hands-on will
> only get you so far when it comes to making design/architecture decisions.
> I'm hoping to finish the exam by mid-late May.
>
> Also, I was told by a trainer that 70-647 was supposed to have been 100%
> simulation. Can anyone verify? Are we allowed to even discuss that without
> violating the NDA on the exams?

KMcFerrin

I took the 70-647 and 70-620 a couple days ago, had no problems with either.
I actually thought that the 70-647 was a lot easier than the 70-649. I think
it's because the 70-647 doesn't focus on just Windows 2008 (the new stuff)
but also in how it interacts with lots of other parts of the enterprise
environment, most of which I was already familiar with from managing 2003
environments for so long. I agree that if you're an MCSE and are familiar
with the new features in 2008, you should have little trouble with this exam.