Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > Pat myself on the back..

Pat myself on the back..

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

Just got the email confirmation yesterday...

Completed the MCITP:Server Administration with the Win2008 beta exams.

Need just the 70-620 for the MCITP:Enterprise Administration.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

AlexC

Congratualtions !
Was is hard to pass?

"Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got the email confirmation yesterday...
>
> Completed the MCITP:Server Administration with the Win2008 beta exams.
>
> Need just the 70-620 for the MCITP:Enterprise Administration.
>

> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP
> Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Montreal MCT

Good on you Lawrence Congrats!

"Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got the email confirmation yesterday...
>
> Completed the MCITP:Server Administration with the Win2008 beta exams.
>
> Need just the 70-620 for the MCITP:Enterprise Administration.
>

> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP
> Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Mitch Garvis, MCT
http://blog.mitchgarvis.com

Death from Above

Let me translate that into US English for you:

You are the shiznit!

Death from Above
MCPD: EAD, Web, Win
MCITP: DBD, DBA
MCSD.NET
MCDBA

"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good on you Lawrence Congrats!
>
> "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Just got the email confirmation yesterday...
>>
>> Completed the MCITP:Server Administration with the Win2008 beta exams.
>>
>> Need just the 70-620 for the MCITP:Enterprise Administration.
>>

>> --
>> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP
>> Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
>> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200
>>
>> MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
>> My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
>> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
>> My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin

> --
> Mitch Garvis, MCT
> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://blog.mitchgarvis.com

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"AlexC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aCVIj.2905$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Congratualtions !
> Was is hard to pass?

The MCITP exams were surprisingly easy -- relative to what I expected --
much more focus on design/planning than operations/administration, which was
good for me.

The MCTS:Apps exam was not easy, but not difficult. Because it's a new exam,
and focused on TS and IIS7 I expected some challenges with it. Apparently
the challenges were not bad enough to prevent failing.

The MCTS:AD exam I fully expected to fail, given that I've not studied a lot
of advance AD administration. It wasn't difficult, and I was pleasantly
surprised that my orginal expectations were not as severe as I had
anticipated.

The MCTS:Infrastructure exam was light years easier than the 70-293 (which I
passed with a mere 700 -exact-).

I did, however, invest significant hours in completing the Windows 2008
eLearning course material, and I read the MSPress Windows Server 2008 book
cover to cover prior to sitting for the exams, as well as reviewing relevant
portions of the Win2008 Technical Library online.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"Death from Above" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Let me translate that into US English for you:
>
> You are the shiznit!
>
> Death from Above
> MCPD: EAD, Web, Win
> MCITP: DBD, DBA
> MCSD.NET
> MCDBA

I had to actually look that term up.

Thank You!

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "AlexC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:aCVIj.2905$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Congratualtions !
>> Was is hard to pass?

As a follow on to the question... FWIW.. I got my scores in the mail from
Prometric today:

70-640 Active Directory == 817
-- much higher than I expected; in fact, I didn't expect to pass this
exam at all. I apparently got good help from my perfect score on the DNS
domain, but I took a big hit in "Configuring AD Server Roles", which was
about what I expected.

70-643 Applications Infrastructure == 825
-- a bit better than I expected, because I knew this exam covered some
Terminal Services stuff that I'm not overly familiar with. But what I took
the big hit in was "Deploying Servers", which was surely a function of not
having actually set up and worked with WDS. I would have been happy with a
750.

70-642 Network Infrastructure == 873
-- this is about what I expected, but significantly better than what I
did on the 70-293. Now I'm wondering if this is any predictor on how I would
do on the 70-291, which I've been putting off, primarly as a result of
community intimidation. <g>. My "low score" area was "Monitoring and
Managing" because I'm one of those guys who generally ignores the existence
of PerfMon.

Given those scores, and how I felt about them after I left the exams, and
considering the amount of prep time I put into them, compared to the PRO
exams I took 3 weeks later has me actually considering the possibility of
900+ scores on the two PRO exams.

Time will tell. I imagine I won't see those score sheets until the end of
April, though.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Static PAT overrides Dynamic Pat - Pix 515e BinSur Cisco 4 01-13-2006 09:44 AM
Can not ping myself, but can ping others =?Utf-8?B?V0pQQw==?= Wireless Networking 6 12-26-2004 05:56 AM
CISCO by myself esara Cisco 2 05-06-2004 04:25 AM
Something for newbies (like myself) to consider kpg MCSE 36 04-03-2004 12:28 AM
Myself!!!! Robert Microsoft Certification 3 11-30-2003 12:46 PM

Advertisments