Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > What exactly is the impact of a retired exam?

What exactly is the impact of a retired exam?

PedroAsani

So far, I have completed:

**227**

which makes me an MCSA. I was working towards MCSE+Sec. If the 227 exam were
to expire tomorrow:

1) Would I still be an MCSA?
2) Would I still be able to get my MCSE with just the 298?
3) Would I still be able to get my MCSE+Sec with just 298 and 350?

John R

"PedroAsani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So far, I have completed:
>
> 270
> 290
> 291
> **227**
> 293
> 294
>
> which makes me an MCSA. I was working towards MCSE+Sec. If the 227 exam
> were
> to expire tomorrow:
>
> 1) Would I still be an MCSA?
> 2) Would I still be able to get my MCSE with just the 298?
> 3) Would I still be able to get my MCSE+Sec with just 298 and 350?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

What will retire on 3/31 is the opportunity to take the retiring exams, not
the exam credit.

John R

John R

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PedroAsani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> So far, I have completed:
>>
>> 270
>> 290
>> 291
>> **227**
>> 293
>> 294
>>
>> which makes me an MCSA. I was working towards MCSE+Sec. If the 227 exam
>> were
>> to expire tomorrow:
>>
>> 1) Would I still be an MCSA?
>> 2) Would I still be able to get my MCSE with just the 298?
>> 3) Would I still be able to get my MCSE+Sec with just 298 and 350?

> 1. Yes
> 2. Yes
> 3. Yes
>
> What will retire on 3/31 is the opportunity to take the retiring exams,
> not the exam credit.
>
> John R

Better stated...

What will retire on 3/31 is the opportunity to take the retiring exams, not
the credit already earned for sucessfully completed exams.

John R

PedroAsani

Excellent. Thanks for that.

"John R" wrote:

> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "PedroAsani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> So far, I have completed:
> >>
> >> 270
> >> 290
> >> 291
> >> **227**
> >> 293
> >> 294
> >>
> >> which makes me an MCSA. I was working towards MCSE+Sec. If the 227 exam
> >> were
> >> to expire tomorrow:
> >>
> >> 1) Would I still be an MCSA?
> >> 2) Would I still be able to get my MCSE with just the 298?
> >> 3) Would I still be able to get my MCSE+Sec with just 298 and 350?

> > 1. Yes
> > 2. Yes
> > 3. Yes
> >
> > What will retire on 3/31 is the opportunity to take the retiring exams,
> > not the exam credit.
> >
> > John R

> Better stated...
>
> What will retire on 3/31 is the opportunity to take the retiring exams, not
> the credit already earned for sucessfully completed exams.
>
> John R

Dustin Harper

Basically, the opportunity to take the exam is gone. You will still earn
your certifications if you take them before they are retired.

Good luck!

--

Dustin Harper

"PedroAsani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So far, I have completed:
>
> 270
> 290
> 291
> **227**
> 293
> 294
>
> which makes me an MCSA. I was working towards MCSE+Sec. If the 227 exam
> were
> to expire tomorrow:
>
> 1) Would I still be an MCSA?
> 2) Would I still be able to get my MCSE with just the 298?
> 3) Would I still be able to get my MCSE+Sec with just 298 and 350?

PedroAsani

I passed my 298. So I should have my MCSE now, right?

270, 227, 290, 291, 293, 294, 298 = MCSE

But my transcript shows the 298, but not the MCSE certification. Does that
take longer to go through?

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> Basically, the opportunity to take the exam is gone. You will still earn
> your certifications if you take them before they are retired.
>
> Good luck!
>
> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>

> "PedroAsani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > So far, I have completed:
> >
> > 270
> > 290
> > 291
> > **227**
> > 293
> > 294
> >
> > which makes me an MCSA. I was working towards MCSE+Sec. If the 227 exam
> > were
> > to expire tomorrow:
> >
> > 1) Would I still be an MCSA?
> > 2) Would I still be able to get my MCSE with just the 298?
> > 3) Would I still be able to get my MCSE+Sec with just 298 and 350?

Dustin Harper

Yes, it probably hasn't shown up yet. But, it does still count until it is
retired.

--

Dustin Harper
(E-Mail Removed)

"PedroAsani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I passed my 298. So I should have my MCSE now, right?
>
> 270, 227, 290, 291, 293, 294, 298 = MCSE
>
> But my transcript shows the 298, but not the MCSE certification. Does that
> take longer to go through?
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> Basically, the opportunity to take the exam is gone. You will still earn
>> your certifications if you take them before they are retired.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dustin Harper
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>>

>> "PedroAsani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > So far, I have completed:
>> >
>> > 270
>> > 290
>> > 291
>> > **227**
>> > 293
>> > 294
>> >
>> > which makes me an MCSA. I was working towards MCSE+Sec. If the 227 exam
>> > were
>> > to expire tomorrow:
>> >
>> > 1) Would I still be an MCSA?
>> > 2) Would I still be able to get my MCSE with just the 298?
>> > 3) Would I still be able to get my MCSE+Sec with just 298 and 350?

John R

"PedroAsani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I passed my 298. So I should have my MCSE now, right?
>
> 270, 227, 290, 291, 293, 294, 298 = MCSE
>
> But my transcript shows the 298, but not the MCSE certification. Does that
> take longer to go through?
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:

Normally, certs earned show up one to three days after the test shows up.
It certainly looks to me like you have MCSE 2003, congrats!!!

John R

John R

"Dustin Harper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, it probably hasn't shown up yet. But, it does still count until it is
> retired.

It counts after the exam is retired as well. As long as you get it on your
transcript, you can use it for whatever it is accepted for after the
retirement date. Again, the only thing that retires is the opportunity to
take the exam, not the credit earned if you took it and passed.

John R