Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > Training kit 70-446 and tests

Training kit 70-446 and tests

alserban

Hello,
I just passed the SQL 2005 BI exam: 70-445 and wish to take the BI Design
exam: 70-446

I've searched for the 70-446 Training Kit but it seems it has not been
published yet...
Any idea when it's going to be published ?

Also, I'd like to know, in your opinion, what are the best 2-3 books to
study for this exam (are there other better books than those MS recommends
on the Preparation Guide web page? ) and what are the best tests available
for this exam (closest to the real exam questions) ?

Thanks is advance.

Darrilgibson@gmail.com

In short, the MSPress book on 70-446 may never come out.

This blog mentions that a contact at Microsoft confirmed it's been
cancelled and will likely be released (with a new exam number) with
SQL Server 2008
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/greenmtnsun/default.aspx

The rough schedule for SQL Server 2008 certs is: the product will
likely be released in the summer of 2008 (after the formal launch in
Feb 200, the MCTS tests will likely be released within 60 days of
the formal release, and MCITP tests may not come out until 6 months to
a year after that. Look for the book on the new related test in 2009.

However, you may not need the book to take and pass the 70-446. I
haven't taken it but have read that it's just a deeper version of
70-445. Perhaps someone that's taken both tests can help you more.

HTH,

Darril Gibson
MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
Mcitpsuccess.com
MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam Guide
(Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)