Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCITP > 621 MCTS upgrade or 620 + 622 exams

621 MCTS upgrade or 620 + 622 exams

Misheck

Is it not easier to do these exams separately rather than taking them all in
one go because you have 2 books to read at once and Vista is still new and
you are still getting used to some of the new features? MCDST izs easy
because we all have been using XP for sometime and we know most stuff by
head and some of the questions where related to things you knew before
reading the exams. Please advise whether I am better off sitting for these
exams separately or there is less questions and its easier when combined.

John R

"Misheck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it not easier to do these exams separately rather than taking them all
> in one go because you have 2 books to read at once and Vista is still new
> and you are still getting used to some of the new features? MCDST izs easy
> because we all have been using XP for sometime and we know most stuff by
> head and some of the questions where related to things you knew before
> reading the exams. Please advise whether I am better off sitting for these
> exams separately or there is less questions and its easier when combined.

I have to admit that I have never taken any of the upgrade exams. However,
in a recent webcast, MSL admitted that the upgrade tests contain the more
"challenging" questions from both other exams. 70-621 is in fact a
combination of 70-620 and 70-622. Since you will only have half of the
normal questions from 70-620, they purposely pick the more challenging ones.
Same thing goes for 70-622.

I have also heard it in these groups that people who have taken these tests
have said they are, or at least they appeared to be more difficult.

I have heard it said however that the upgrade exams are really only the
delta's of the product, and not too much oriented on job function stuff.
Again, I have no experience there and I cannot comment.

However, for my money, I think I'd rather take the exams separately. You
only have half of the information for each exam, however you do have twice
the testing fees. Since my company reimburses test fees (if I pass), that
really isn't a concern to me. Any job function stuff on the tests are
probably things I need to learn anyway for the new product.

I am currently studying 70-620 (and learning Vista).

John R

Misheck

Thanks for the advice. I need to save money because I pay for my own exams
but I will give it a thought first.
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...